- Let's promote scholarships for building infrastructures. // Engineered Systems;Apr97, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p8
Features academic communities' growing awareness on deferred maintenance of campus buildings. Pressing academic issues as the main cause of failing infrastructures in schools; Effects of investments in capital projects to tuition fees; How a portion of a school's research grant can be used to...
- Texas Campuses on Building Spree. William, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/22/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33620, p1
The article reports on the bonds worth 420 million dollars which will be issued by University of Houston (UH) and Baylor University in Texas for expansion projects. It mentions the regents of the UH approve the 300 million of bonds which will be used for building a dormitory and parking garage...
- This old school is unconstitutional. Anderson, Julie // State Government News;May99, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p20
Explores the problems of repairing the aging school buildings in the United States. Estimated percentage of school building that are in poor condition; Traditional way used by states and local government to finance school building projects; Lawsuits that arise from this system; Efforts of the...
- ALABAMA: Storm-Tossed Schools. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/5/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33512, p7
The article reports on the resolution recently passed by the Legislatures which entails the funding of the reconstruction and repair of the damaged school infrastructure due to tornados and storms that ravaged several counties in Alabama.
- Lafayette Sets School Vote. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/14/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33549, p9
The article reports on the schedule of the voting for the residents in Lafayette Parish on the proposed 20-year, 651 million dollar of general obligation bond issue to fund new schools and upgrade facilities in Louisiana.
- South Carolina colleges and universities estimate maintenance backlog at $1.1 billion. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;5/21/2012, p1
The article reports on the amount of backlog in building maintenance estimated by South Carolina's colleges and universities in 2012.
- Scottish schools need billions for repairs. // Public Finance;05/26/2000, p15
Reports that Scottish local education authorities need at least an extra 1.3 billion British pounds to address the backlog of repairs and maintenance in the country's schools. Estimated number of years needed to clear the maintenance backlog under current funding; Argument that capital controls...
- Bridgeport, Conn., considers QZABs to fund school renovation projects. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/19/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30708, p23
Reports on Bridgeport, Connecticut's plans to use qualified zone academy bonds (QZAB) to fund school renovation projects in the city. Structure of the bonds; Bridgeport's evaluation of schools which will be included in its renovation program; Outcome of previous QZAB transactions.
- Clinton gives $2.4 billion to program. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;02/12/98, Vol. 89 Issue 7, p11
Reports that the Qualified Zone Academy bonds, which would provide interest-free capital to public schools for construction, repair and improvement, proposed by Harlem Democrat Charles Rangel is included in President Bill Clinton's 1999 budget. Best way to address inequality in public schools...