GFOA Backs Relief for SRFs; Takes No Position on NABL Tax-Law Proposals
- Groups Call for Lifting Arbitrage Rules on Water SRFs. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;06/12/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31158, p4
Reports the demand of the Council of Infrastructure Financing Authorities, the Government Finance Officers Association and the National Association of State Treasurers for the state revolving funds (SRF) relief. Removal of arbitrage rebate requirements for tax-exemption bonds sold; Intention...
- GFOA's `first priority' with Congress will be fight over Internet tax ban. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;02/12/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30330, p1
Reports on the Government Finance Officers Association's designation as top priority of its fight against legislation pending in the US Congress that would bar states and municipalities from taxing commerce over the Internet. Highlights of GFOA's Revenues Task Force meeting; Key provisions of...
- Jaitley hints at spending cut. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);2/7/2015, p13
The article offers the insights of Minister Arun Jaitley of Finance of India on topics including the taxation policy of the country, the public spending management, and the funding management for infrastructure projects in the country.
- GFOA Initially OK With NABL's Alternative Penalty Proposal. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;9/3/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31962, p5
Focuses on the reaction of Government Finance Officers Association representatives with the revised proposal of the National Association of Bond Lawyers providing alternative penalties to the taxation of bondholders. Violation of tax law with tax-exempt bond issue; Enactment of legislation;...
- GFOA lends support to issuer appeal rights. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;03/25/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30358, p6
Reports that the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) has supported a draft proposal designed to give municipal bond issuers the right to appeal when the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) rules that their bonds are taxable. Development of the legislation by Orrin G. Hatch; Plan for the...
- Jacksonville Mayor: Florida's Tax Reforms Are Hurting Local Governments. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/20/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32882, p22
Information is presented about the topics discussed at the Florida Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) annual conference in May, 2008. The conference focused on the issues concerning the additional tax reform measures in Florida and examined the impact of these tax reform measures on...
- GFOA reports arbitrage costs. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;05/10/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30637, p5
Reveals the results of a survey by the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) and the National Association of Counties in the United States on the cost to localities of compliance to federal arbitrage restrictions. Average amount spent by localities annually; Comments from Bert...
- Tax-exempt bond/arbitrage restrictions rules. // Practical Accountant;Jul97, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p20
Focuses on the regulations for arbitrage and other restrictions pertaining to tax-exempt bonds. Who issues the regulations; Effective date.
- Ways and Means Approves Bond Bill. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;03/24/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30856, p6
Reports on the United States House Ways and Means Committee's approval of an education-related tax bill that would soften arbitrage rebate rules for school construction bonds.