Maine's King Seeks $124 Million in Bonds; Transportation Leads the List
- MAINE: It's a Rainy Day. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31303, p35
Reports that the Governor of Maine Angus King has proposed usage of the entire rainy day fund of the state to balance the budget for the fiscal year 2002-2003. Possibility of the Legislature's approval of a supplemental budget that would delay tax reductions from the rainy-day fund; Inclusion...
- Maine to repeal snack tax. O'Rourke, Kevin // Drug Store News;5/22/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p37
Reports on the repeal of selective tax on snack foods in Maine. Signing of the bill by Governor Angus King; Products affected by the tax.
- Maine's Sen. King endorses former foe Susan Collins. // Hill;5/19/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 58, p10
The article reports on the political endorsement of Maine Republican Senator Susan Collins by her one-time political opponent Senator Angus King.
- Untitled. Relf, Tim // Farmers Weekly;5/23/2008, p75
An image of Paul Moxham, Jamie Wood and Angus King, who were the winning team at the 2008 Polar Challenge race to the Magnetic North Pole, is presented.
- MAINE PILOTS INTERNET PAYMENT PROGRAM. // Government Procurement;Jun2001, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p40
Reports on the use of internet payment program in Maine. Statement of Angus King, Governor of Maine; Features of the program; Effects of the program on the payment system.
- Plan To Give Laptops To Maine 7th Graders Faces Doubtful Future. Zehr, Mary Ann // Education Week;03/15/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p25
Deals with the proposal of Governor Angus King of Maine to buy a laptop computer for every 7th grade. Budget for his proposal; Purpose of his proposal; Reactions of legislators to the proposal; Result of a study comparing groups of students using laptop computers with groups not using them.
- Maine pulls the plug on Sears Island plan. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/11/96, Vol. 236 Issue 10, p22
Reports on Maine Governor Angus S. King Jr.'s decision to stop plans to build the state's third deepwater port in Sears Island. Worry over costs of project; Environmental Protection Agency officials' claim that port made no economic sense.
- A computer for every child. // State Government News;Apr2000, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the proposal of Maine Governor Angus King to give seventh graders laptop computers to keep as their own. Appropriations for the proposal; Criticism received by the governor.
- Maine's governor, in keynote address, wants to take austerity further. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;09/29/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30488, p5
Reports on Maine Governor Angus S. King Jr.'s keynote address before the 1998 New England Public Finance Conference organized by `The Bond Buyer.' Need for greater efficiencies in the services provided by neighboring cities and towns; State's debt policy; Prioritization of higher education and...