Chicago PMI Falls to 40.2% in Jan
- MODES OF CONSTRUCTING INDEX-NUMBERS. Flux, A.W. // Quarterly Journal of Economics;Aug07, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p613
Focuses on methods used in constructing index numbers to measure the direction and extent of general movements in the average level of prices. Factors which indicate a well-devised and carefully kept index number; Method of computing the effect of price-changes which yield results not dependent...
- A Note on "Hedonic" Price Indexes. Anderson, Henry // Monthly Labor Review;Jun65, Vol. 88 Issue 6, p658
Discusses solutions to the problem of constructing hedonic price indexes. Flaws in the econometric technique; Limitations in the use of regression analysis.
- PPI Weights Have Been Updated. // PPI Detailed Report;Jan2002, p6
Presents an update of value weights used to calculate Producer Price Indexes by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Basis for the updated weights; Impact of the weight update on indexes.
- Quality and a Pure Price Index. Gavett, Thomas W. // Monthly Labor Review;Mar67, Vol. 90 Issue 3, p16
Examines the problems encountered in accommodating measures of quality change when computing pure price indexes. Nature of a price index; Definition of quality change affected by the concept used; Appropriate measures of quality change; Illustration of changes in supply and demand for product...
- Consumer price index. Maybury, Cyrill // Accountancy Ireland;Aug1999, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p16
Presents a chart on the consumer price index in Ireland in 1998 and 1999. Comparison of index to 1996 figures.
- Price Watch. // Mortgage Banking;Sep2000, Vol. 60 Issue 12, p115
Presents a tabular representation of home price performance across the United States from 1999 through March 31, 2000.
- Introduction to the Special Issue on Index Number Theory and Price Statistics. von der Lippe, Peter; Diewert, W. Erwin // JahrbÃ¼cher fÃ¼r NationalÃ¶konomie & Statistik;2010, Vol. 230 Issue 6, p660
The article discusses various papers published in this issue, including one by Ludwig von Auer on price statistics, one by W. Erwin Diewert and Peter von der Lippe on the Drobisch price index PD, and one by Jen Mehrhoff on elementary indices and elementary indices.
- S&Ps bucking the news. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Dec2003, Vol. 32 Issue 15, p25
Reports on the Standard & Poor's 500 stock indexes in the U.S., as of December 2003. Performance of equity indexes; Factors affecting the performance of the market; Impact of the employment report on S&P 500.
- CONSUMER PRICE INDEX. // Accountancy Ireland;Feb2003, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p48
Presents the consumer price index from November 2001 to December 2002. Current base for December 2001; Former base for November 1996; Percent change.