Jan. Volume Up From '00, Hits $10.75B
- Wisconsin Readies Second GO Deal in a Month. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/31/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34153, p1
The article reports that Wisconsin will refund 257 million dollars of general obligation bonds and mentions that it could also add another 56 million dollars of forward delivery refunding bonds if the market cooperates. It further states that the state has also included forward delivery options...
- Oklahoma Holds Back on This Week's $112M Refunding' Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/31/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31853, p40
Reports that Oklahoma has decided to hold back refunding deals due to rising interest rates in the tax-exempt municipal bond market. State's decision to break the Oklahoma Capital Improvement Authority deals into two; General obligation yields; Ratings of the bonds.
- Taxable Muni Issuance Takes a Dive of Over 20%. DePaul, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;8/20/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33767, Special section p5
The article reports on the more than 21.4% decline of taxable municipal bonds issuance in the first half of 2012. It says that taxable bonds issuance from January to June 2012 amounts 12.46 billion dollars compared to the 15.86 billion dollars sold in the first half of 2011. It says that Janney...
- Honolulu Touts Savings on $699M Combined Sale. Webster, Keeley // Bondbuyer.com;7/23/2015, p1
Honolulu achieved $50 million in interest savings on a $699 combined new money and refunding bond sale that priced Wednesday.
- Refundings Power Monthly Volume Gain. Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;1/30/2015, p37
The article discusses the surge in the volume of municipal bonds in January 2015 due to low interest rates and refunding plans of their issuers. Topics covered include the strategy of issuers to save on the cost of taking out loans, replacement of bonds that have reached their maturity dates and...
- Muni Volume Dips for First Time in 10 Months. Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;7/1/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34335, p1
Long-term muni bond issuance declined 3.9% year-over-year to $34.39 billion in June, as refundings to take advantage of lower interest rates slowed.
- Muni Market Set for Chicago, Pa. Bond Sales. Barnett, Chip; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/28/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34316, p10
The article reports that municipal bond traders will focus on big deals that will come to market on June 3, 2015 from Chicago, Illinois and Pennsylvania. Topics covered include how Chicago will offer 645 U.S. dollars of fixed-rate bonds to convert 800 million U.S. dollars and Pennsylvania...
- Tennessee GO Deal Five Times Oversubscribed. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/20/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F345, p1
Tennessee said a recent general obligation offering was oversubscribed more than five times helping to generate some of the lowest interest rates in its history.
- Nebraska Utility Issuing $234M for Nuclear Plant. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;2/1/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33656, p1
The article reports on the 234-million-dollar of new-money and refunding general revenue bonds issued by the Nebraska Public Power District (NPPD) for nuclear plant. It notes that the borrowing is the first of NPPD to capture interest rate savings and finance capital projects at its nuclear...