New York City Postpones Return To Tobacco Securitization Market
- ABS Still Suffers from Last Fall's Turmoil, But Healthy New Patterns Are Emerging. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;07/12/99, Vol. 65 Issue 28, p21
Reports plans to restructure the asset-backed securities (ABS) market as a response to the crisis in bond market liquidity in the United States. Withdrawal of issuers from ABS; Reason of the decline in issuance volumes; Review of the performance of the ABS market from 1998 to July 1999.
- No Longer Bulletproof, ABS Takes a Hit From Bond Turmoils. Reinebach, Adam // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/10/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p20
Reports the impact of bond market performance on asset-backed securities in the United States for year 1999. Factors affecting the performance of the market; Impact of issuer attrition and consolidation on the market; Types of assets giving balance to the market; Projected increase in issuance...
- European CBO Market Taps U.S. Assets and Expertise. Conrad, Lee; Gregory, Michael // High Yield Report;04/17/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 16, p13
Reports that Europe's high yield bond market is facing industry concentration issues that likely will spawn a wave of issues backed by a mixture of both European and American high-yield assets.
- Tap Turned Up on European CDO Pipeline. Clouse, Carol J. // High Yield Report;06/12/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 24, p1
Reports on a prediction by Fitch IBCA that at least seven or eight European arbitrage collateralized debt obligation transactions will be launched in 2000.
- Ireland: A second Pfandbriefe market? // Asset Securitization Report;5/20/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 20, p14
Examines the effect of bond market to the securitization of assets in Ireland. Nature of asset eligibility requirements; Creation of a level playing field for local bank; Location of mortgage credit assets.
- US Steel Deal Out To Apathetic Banks. Hintze, John // Bank Loan Report;5/26/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p1
Reports on United States Steel Corp.'s entry into the bond market in the week of May 23, 2003, to refinance existing asset-based debt.
- Experts see more mixed pools ahead in CBO market. KS // High Yield Report;03/13/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p4
Reports the rise of the use of mixed finance products in the bond market. Kinds of financed products; Impact of collateralized bond obligation issuance on the spread and prices of collaterals; rating of asset-backed securities and high-yield bonds; Cause and advantages of using mixed financial...
- Capital markets. // Finance Week;6/29/2005, special section p12
Discusses the form of capital raising in the corporate bond market and asset securitizations in South Africa. Negotiation of better terms with creditors and bankers; Details of the pre-tax profit; Capability of companies to structure its debt issuance.
- Following Strickland's Ohio Budget Approval, State Preps for $5B Sale. // Bond Buyer;7/5/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32664, p23
The article reports on the plan of Ohio to begin a selection process for the financial team on its $5 billion tobacco securitization with the launch of a competitive selection process for financial advisers. Under a preliminary time line, by the end of July 2007, the state hopes to select a...