- Dealing with a high yen. James, David // BRW;3/1/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p10
The article reports on the move of the Japanese government to set up a 100-billion-U.S.-dollar fund to assist local companies in making international acquisitions to counter the negative effects of the high yen on the nation's exporters.
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;11/18/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p6
Reports global developments in the book industry as of November 2002. Increase of consumer spending on books; Acquisition of Everyman Publishers by Alfred A. Knopf; Simplification of the layout of the exhibition halls by the London Book Fair.
- In the Works. Weiler, Derek // Quill & Quire;Sep99, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p10
Reports developments in the book industry as of September 1999. Acquisition on History of Canadian Publishing by Macfarlane Walter & Ross; Release of the book 'Kiss of the Fur Queen,' by Tomson Highway in the U.S. market; Sale of the Spanish translation rights of the 'Dreams of Millenium' by...
- Nelson buys Alberta's Reidmore Books. Mandel, Charles // Quill & Quire;Aug2000, Vol. 66 Issue 8, p6
Reports the purchase of the Edmonton's Reidmore Books by Nelson Thompson Learning in Toronto, Ontario.
- SINGAPORE: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 2;Nov2011, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p8
The article summarizes the political, economic, and business environment risks in Singapore including the proposal of Tan Jee Say on a coalition of opposition parties, increased exports in July to August 2011, and the increased of mergers and acquisitions to 33.3% in January-September 2011.
- IN THE LOOP. . . // Book Publishing Report;2/17/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p5
Reports developments related to book publishing in the U.S. as of February 2003. Corporate reorganizations of Perseus Books Group; Acquisition of Ullstein Heyne List by Verlagsgruppe Random House; Purchase of PubEasy by R.R. Bowker.
- What's ahead? Anderson, Scott // Quill & Quire;Jan2002, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p12
Reports the changes and improvements in the book industry in Canada. Need for more consolidations in retail markets; Consideration of payment times, discounts and returns; Improvements in electronic ordering, inventory management and distribution.
- They must be giants. Anderson, Scott; Lorinc, John; Smith, Stephen // Quill & Quire;Jan2000, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p18
Reports the impact of the merger between SmithBooks and Coles on the book industry in Canada. Formation of Chapters Inc.; Opportunities for the book market to succeed; Influence of the Internet in the selling of books.
- Square Buys Firm That Supplies Tech. // ISO & Agent Weekly;3/6/2014, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p3
The article reports that the mobile payment solution provider Square has acquired BookFresh, a company that sells booking and appointment management technology to merchants, to enhance Square's ability to pair small business payments with management tools.