Online Service Questia Launches With Promise Of More Book Dollars
- Big Publishers Back ebrary.com. Rogers, Michael; Oder, Norman // Library Journal;11/1/2000, Vol. 125 Issue 18, p22
Announces that publishers Random House, Pearson, and McGraw-Hill have invested in the online research operation ebrary.com. Content, as well as finance, which the publishers are investing; Comments by chief executive officer (CEO) Christopher Warnock.
- Ebrary adds to services. Walter, Mark // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;5/26/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p22
Reports that Ebrary, a distributor of published literature backed by leading educational publishers, is expanding its services in two new directions in the U.S. in spring 2003. Expansion of services to institutional subscribers; Opening of services to individuals; Other growth targets and...
- Herff Jones/Nystrom Maps Go Digital. // Electronic Education Report;4/4/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p6
The article offers information on the new features and functionality of Chicago, Illinois-based Herff Jones/Nystrom's StrataLogica.
- `Media in cyberspace'. // Adweek Western Edition;2/27/95, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p21
Reports on the findings of a nationwide survey of editors, writers and reporters which focused on the use of online services in the publishing industry. Increasing orientation towards electronic delivery of information; What the term `electronic' means to different people; Researchers who...
- Electronic Encyclopedia of American Government (Online Review). // Book Report;May/Jun2001, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p83
Evaluates the electronic information services of QC Press in the United States.
- ebrary Launches Fee-Based, Access To its Online Library Database. // Educational Marketer;5/19/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 15, p3
Reports on Palo Alto, California-based virtual library developer ebrary Inc.'s launching of a long-delayed plan to offer electronic library services to the general public with a fee-based Web site, ebrary Discover. Significant features of the Web site; Web site address of the company's online...
- Ebrary launches beta site. Letts, Mike // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;8/20/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p30
Reports on the beta site launching of Ebrary online service in conjunction with The Learning Network. Advantage of the beta site; Availability of the online library to the readers; Marketing strategies of Ebrary.
- ebrarian Service Receives Several Upgrades. // Computers in Libraries;Sep2002, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p60
Reports that ebrary has announced enhancements to its ebrarian for Libraries service in the areas of content and pricing. Details of ebrarian, a Web-based service; Information sources, including the Library of Congress; Pricing models.
- ebrary Names Reid Chief Tech Officer. Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;11/1/2000, Vol. 125 Issue 18, p28
Announces the selection of Glenn C. Reid for the position of vice president of engineering and chief technology officer of the online research firm ebrary. His responsibilities; His former position as senior engineering manager at Apple Computer; Computer software he has helped to develop.