Pietsch Takes Over Little, Brown's Adult Trade List As Crichton Leaves
- News Brief. // Book Publishing Report;4/17/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p6
The article reports that the Hachette Book Group is moving its Bulfinch Press line to Little, Brown & Co., (LBC) where it will be under LBC publisher Michael Pietsch. The executive director of Bulfinch Michael Sand will report to LBC's editor-in-chief Geoff Shandler. It was claimed that the move...
- An Issue of Firsts. Jones, Joe; Ferg, Carie // Dolls;Apr2010, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p8
The article announces the promotion of Carrie Ferg as associate publisher of the magazine "Dolls."
- READER MEETS WRITER. // Adults Learning;May2008, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p5
The article reports on the launch of Reader Meets Writer, a cross-country library-author programme involving 10 major publishers for the National Year of Reading in Great Britain. The programme was created by Reading Partners, the Reading Agency-led partnership of publishers and public...
- You've Just Been Promoted. Now What? // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Jan2006, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p18
The article offers tips for newly promoted publishers and sales directors. Hire the brightest sales and marketing executives to develop long-lasting relationships and unique programs that meet the clients' overall goals. Make sure to set aside the proper resources needed to train the sales and...
- Get Customers, Get Sales. Jones, Sonya Carmichael // Writers' Journal;May/Jun2007, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p41
The article provides several tips on how enterprising authors can market their literary works in the U.S. in 2007. Key issues discussed include viral marketing, the use of promotional materials that highlight a writer's strengths and face-to-face meetings with publishers. The issues'...
- New Zealand moved the billboards. // Poultry World;Nov2003, Vol. 157 Issue 11, p20
Deals with the award received by New Zealand from the Golden Egg Award for national generic campaign. Description of the "An Egg a Day OK" campaign of publicist Peter High that made him won the award; Information on the Canadian campaign strategy; Benefits derived by Finland from its first T.V....
- Cogan Named Menswear Publisher. // DNR: Daily News Record;5/24/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 21, p1
Reports on the promotion of Beverly Cogan to publisher of "Menswear" magazine in May 2004. Career background; Information on the publication.
- Little, Brown to launch pop imprint. J.Q. // Publishers Weekly;7/22/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 30, p142
Reports on Little, Brown's launch of its popular music/culture imprint headed by vice president and executive editor Michael Pietsch. Appointment of Paul Harrington as associate editor to develop book list; Target of Generation X-type readers.
- Pearl of a deal. O'Brien, Maureen // Publishers Weekly;2/6/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 6, p17
Reports on Little, Brown senior editor Michael Pietsch's selection of `Rolling Stone' contributing editor Kim Neely to write the first full-scale biography of the music group Pearl Jam. Group's disapproval of the project; Coverage of the book; Scheduled release.