Yet Another Chapter Added To Canadian Bookselling's Big Drama
- Investment Group Makes Offer for Chapters. Eichler, Leah // Publishers Weekly;12/4/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 49, p9
Focuses on the bid of Indigo company to purchase Chapters through Trilogy Retail Enterprises L.P. Possible benefits of the merger; Rejection of the bid by Chapters; Business operations of the company; Concerns regarding the potential merger.
- Chapters Realigns as Takeover Battle Continues. Eichler, Leah // Publishers Weekly;12/18/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 51, p9
Reports on the restructuring plans announced by book retailer Chapters Inc. as of December 2000. Relation of the plans to the unsolicited takeover bid from Trilogy Retail Enterprises; Details of the restructuring plans; Comments of the company on the takeover bid. INSET: Y.S. Chi to Join...
- Canada's book war results in Chapters buyout. Fox, Jim // DSN Retailing Today;3/5/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p2
Reports that Trilogy Retail Enterprises LP has won the bid to control Chapters Inc., a book retailer in Canada. Value of Trilogy's bid; Selection of Chapters board members; Information on Chapters Inc.
- When Retail wags the Dog. Russell-Walling, Edward // Publishers Weekly;2/13/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 7, Special Section pS1
The article offers an update on the condition of the book industry and trade in Great Britain as of February 2006. The British Office of Fair Trading decided to refer the issue surrounding the takeover bid of music retailer HMV for Ottakar's bookstore chain to the Competition Commission. The...
- Canadian Bookseller Pleads For Shareholders To Reject Takeover Bid. // Book Publishing Report;12/18/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p5
Reports on the battle between Chapter Inc. and its unwelcome prospective buyer, Trilogy Retail Enterprises. Companies' efforts to win shareholders' votes; Chapters' hiring of public relations firm Coltrin & Associates Inc. to handle communications related to the takeover attempt.
- Offering Price Escalates In Trilogy's Hostile Takeover Bid For Chapters. // Book Publishing Report;01/15/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p6
Reports on bookseller Trilogy Retail Enterprises' raising of purchase offering price to Chapters. Chapters' consideration of the original offer as inadequate; Scheduled discussion of the bid at Chapters' directors' meeting in January 2001.
- As Deadline Approached, Chapters Gave Up Fight Against Trilogy Bid. // Book Publishing Report;02/05/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p2
Reports that Canadian bookselling chain Chapters Inc. has decided to sell to Trilogy Retail Enterprises. Reason behind the company's move; Price per share of stocks under the acquisition agreement; Comment from Trilogy president Gerald Schwartz regarding the transaction.
- Sealed Bids Invited. the TFMG Bond Research Group // Bond Buyer;10/24/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31250, p13
Presents information about tender offers presented in several U.S. states as of October 24, 2001.
- Sealed Bids Invited. // Bond Buyer;10/29/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31253, p16
Invites sealed bids for bonds by the U.S. government. Minimum bidding price; Types of bonds offered in the bids; Financial advisor for the bonds.