Hungry Minds Cutting Jobs, Closing Offices, Blames Sluggish Book Sales
- FOLLOW-UP OF PULMONARY NODULES: FOLLOWING THE FLEISCHNER RADIOLOGY GUIDELINES. Selvaraj, S.; Parry, L.; Garbett, K.; McAdam, J.; Naicker, T. R.; Srinivasan, K. S.; Moudgil, H. // Thorax;Dec2011 Supplement, pA131
Background 0.1% of chest films and 1% of chest CT show incidental pulmonary nodule(s). While some of these are acted on immediately, others are followed up where the nodules are small and there are no risk factors (never smokers, age <35 years, other malignancies). Fleischner Society recommends...
- No Quick Fix at Hungry Minds. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/26/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 9, p10
Offers a look at the financial performance of Hungry Minds for the first quarter ended December 31, 2000. Factors which contributed to the sales loss; Plan to reduce Internet initiatives.
- The Old College Try. Baar, Aaron; Norton, Justin M.; Fromm, Emily // Adweek New England Edition;04/24/2000, Vol. 37 Issue 17, p148
Focuses on the advertising campaign of HungryMinds.com Web site. Information on the Web site; Concept of the campaign.
- Hungry Minds feasts on licensing. Scally, Robert // License!;Jan2002, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p30
Focuses on the licensing agreements made by Hungry Minds Inc., publisher of the 'For Dummies' book series, for various items featuring the book series in the U.S. as of January 2002. Reason office products fit well with the For Dummies series; Estimated number of licensees of the For Dummies...
- IDG May Be Hungry For Rest of Division. Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;4/9/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 15, p4
Unveils the plan of International Data Group Inc. to buy the remaining stakes of Hungry Minds Inc.
- Hungry Minds Inc. // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/22/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p48
Features Hungry Minds Inc., a technology company in New York, New York. Services offered by the company; Net income of the company; Compensation of executives.
- Investors Get Chance To Show 'Lots Of Patience' As Hungry Minds' Sales Slump. // Book Publishing Report;12/25/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 50, p1
Reports the financial performance of book publishing company Hungry Minds as of the first quarter of 2001. Transition of the company to a provider of a variety of print and electronic forms; Percentage drop in technology book sales and Internet revenues; Financial impact of the aquisition of...
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;9/9/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p5
Reports on bookseller Hungry Minds Inc.'s earnings for the quarter ended July 31, 2002. Increase in total revenues; Major business activities during the period.
- The Old College Try. Fromm, Emily; Baar, Aaron; Norton, Justin M. // Adweek Western Edition;04/24/2000, Vol. 50 Issue 17, p148
Reports the controversy concerning the advertising campaign of Web site HungryMinds.com.