Real Estate Fundamentals: The Importance Of Interest Rates and Leverage
- Rising rates will hit only debt-driven investors. Cooper, Mark // Estates Gazette;11/15/2003, Issue 346, p40
Reports on the impact of high leveraged office deals on the wide commercial property market in England as of November 2003. Decision of the Bank of England to raise the interest base rate; Performance of money rates; Rise in the cost of five-year money.
- High interest rates cool the economy. Balch, Roger // Asian Business Review;Mar1995, p11
Reports that high interest rates in real property are beginning to dampen down the Hong Kong economy.
- Housing sector as Atlas, carrying economy. Scherer, Ron; Farah, Samar; Savoye, Craig // Christian Science Monitor;8/23/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 189, p2
Discusses a lowering of interest rates in the United States by the Federal Reserve on August 21, 2001, and its effect on the housing and real estate market.
- Conflict of interest. Walkley, Pam // Bulletin with Newsweek;7/2/2002, Vol. 120 Issue 6331, p22
Focuses on the impact of interest rates on property prices in Australia. Percentage rate of total increase in interest rates; List of buzzwords to describe house prices; Satisfaction of the pent-up demand of the market.
- WORKING PAPERS. // Journal of Real Estate Literature;2011, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p175
A bibliography on the subject of real property is presented which includes "Modeling the Term Structure of Interest Rates: A Literature Review," by Rosa C. Canto, "Centralization of School Finance and Property Values: Lessons from Vermont," by Thomas Downes, and "Regulation of Large Financial...
- The new normal. Wahlberg, Brint // Missoula Independent;10/7/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 40, pC13
The article presents an analysis regarding the normal interest rates in purchasing property in Missoula, Montreal.
- 'Being a landlord sounds good.'. Ueleke, John W. // Medical Economics;5/9/2003, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p83
Answers a question concerning the advantages of buying and then renting out a house in a residential area considering the low interest rates. Tips for investing; Emphasis on the rate of return on the property; Taxation policies.
- Right at home. Mccrerey, Linda // Colorado Business Magazine;Mar1998, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p30
Presents information about the real-estate market of Colorado. Statistical data showing that the real estate market of Denver is healthy; Details on the Housing Affordability Index (HAI), a formula that consists of mortgage interest rates; Other signs showing the good condition of the...
- Title insurance rides refi wave. Anastasi, Nick // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/18/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 30, p1B
Reports on the increase in home purchases and refinancing in Long Island, New York. Advantage of the low interest rates; Requirement of real estate transactions; Importance of refinancing to the title insurance industry.