- Size up your adviser. Delport, Rikus // Finance Week;11/12/99, p44
Presents Old Mutual Agency Distribution marketing manager Japie van Niekerk's recommended three-step approach when selecting a financial adviser. Check the person's background and experience; Ensure the advice you get is relevant to your personal circumstances and is objective; Make sure the...
- Picking the proper planner. Baeb, Eddie // Crain's Chicago Business;4/15/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 15, pSR2
Focuses on selection of financial planners. Concentration on the process and relationships in financial planning; Knowledge on the coverage of life insurance, disability and liability; Importance of financial planners credentials.
- Moving Up: When Advisors Want to Be Managers. Werlin, Paul // Financial-planning.com;11/24/2014, p3
The article discusses the criteria of three firm executives in promoting a financial advisor (FA) to a managerial position. Topics covered include Lawrence Orsini of First Niagara Bank citing FA knowledge about programs, bank operations and team member culture while Marc Vosen of Key Investment...
- The Window of Opportunity is Opening Again--So Jump! DEGENHARDT-BURKE, CARRI // On Wall Street;Dec2009, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p56
The author offers recruiting-related advice for financial advisors. She suggests that a financial advisor should be prepared to make a decision once he has been coached by a knowledgeable recruiter about the parameters of a deal. She also cites an example of a deal involving a recruiter and an...
- Getting the right people on board. Nethercote, Tim // Money Management;11/8/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p20
The article considers the factors a financial planning practice owner should take into account when hiring staff. It presents some of the author's general observations in relation to staffing issues and some specific suggestions for the recruitment of financial planners and paraplanners....
- The Best Life Guide to Choosing a Financial Advisor. Taylor, Chris // Best Life;Feb2008, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p78
This article provides ways for individuals in finding a financial advisor. Individuals should find a financial advisor who is trustworthy, highly skilled and one who can help with all aspects of financial life. It is important to find a registered investment advisor who is considered a...
- BROKER 'Talkback' // Money Marketing;8/12/2004, p22
Presents question and answer advisory on the income of independent financial advisers received through trail commission in Great Britain. Means of reviewing a client's investments; Importance of updating clients' yearly finances; Services offered by IFA to their clients.
- Strong fourth quarter financial hiring predicted. Chapman, Christy // Internal Auditor;Dec95, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p11
Forecasts a six percent net increase in the financial hiring activity for the fourth quarter of 1995 in the United States. Hiring activity in medium-sized firms.
- Select-a-planner. MacAlister, Philip // New Zealand Management;May98, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p74
Presents a guide to selecting a financial planner. Things to ask a potential planner; Qualifications and experience; Issue of fees; Membership in an industry body.