- Mutual Fund Execs Put Happy Spin On the Halving of Investment Flows. GARMHAUSEN, STEPHEN; RING, NIAMH // American Banker;5/24/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 98, p1
Reports on the decreasing number of investors who are putting money into mutual funds in the United States. Mutual fund executives' reaction to the drop in inflows; Increased interest in individual stocks purchased through online brokerages; Merger activity in the asset management business;...
- As I See It. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/24/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p26
Focuses on the business operations of the Putnam mutual fund in the U.S. as of November 24, 2003. Amount of investments taken back by Putnam investors in the past week; Drop in assets over two weeks; States which have already taken steps to remove their pension assets from Putnam; Allegations...
- Tax-managed craze continues. // Bank Investment Consultant;Jan2000, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p14
Reports on mutual funds' offering of tax-managed funds in the United States. Nations Strategic Equity Fund's offering of Investors A, B and C shares; Investment Management Co.'s launch of an equity fund; Newport Fund Management's introduction of the Newport Europe Fund.
- Globalization of the Mutual Fund Industry. // American Banker;5/12/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 90, p9
Reports on the globalization of the mutual fund industry and the forces driving American fund companies. Impact of the globalization that permeates the world of commerce and finance on the mutual fund industry; Growth of traditional independent American mutual fund complexes across the...
- The Rise of the Corporate 529. Krebsbach, Karen // Bank Investment Consultant;May2003, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p37
Firms are finding that corporate 529s, company-based college-savings funds, offer a recruiting tool for the prospective employee. Though 529 college-savings funds have been around for five years, their new corporate version is becoming increasingly popular across the U.S. Assets in 529s now top...
- Investing in Mutual Funds. Rosenfeld, Mordecai // New Republic;7/2/66, Vol. 155 Issue 1, p13
Provides information on investing in mutual funds. Amount spent by U.S. citizens for mutual fund shares in 1965; Background on mutual funds; Details of the commission being received by salesmen for selling mutual funds; Role of investment advisory companies.
- Domestic Mutual Fund Assets Rise. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;1/2/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 1, p2
The article reports that assets held in domestic mutual funds increased 2.6% in November 2007, according to data from the Investment Company Institute. The Washington-based trade group said the combined assets of the United States' mutual funds increased to $10.281 trillion during the month.
- Many funds for the price of one. Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;7/06/99, Vol. 91 Issue 153, p13
Profiles mutual funds called Fund of Funds (FOF). How FOF's are diverse shares of a numerous of mutual funds; The tendency of funds to have high expenses; FOF managers; Statistics and percentages. INSET: When buying into a fund of funds... by Guy Halverson.
- SMAs Taking Off. // Securities Industry News;9/18/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 31, p3
The article reports on the growth of separately managed accounts (SMA) as a segment of the U.S. mutual fund industry. According to a study by Aite Group, the total assets of SMA are approaching $800 billion and will nearly double by 2011. Multi-style portfolios (MSP) and unified managed accounts...