Brimming with ideas
- Pantone color forecast calls for variety. // Furniture/Today;10/30/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p72
Outlines the 2001 color forecast of Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute, for the United States furniture industry. Fiesta; Melange; Gossamer; Resonance.
- A conversation in blue & white. // Victoria;Jun96, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p58
Presents photographs of furniture covered with blue-and-white fabric. Includes a Hepplewhite sofa; Lolling or Martha Washington chair; Cane-backed chair.
- Color match is crucial for Steelcase. // Industrial Paint & Powder;Feb94, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p12
Features the color-matching and control program of Steelcase, a Grand Rapids, Michigan-based office furniture designer and manufacturer. Customers' request for custom colors; Annual sales; Importance of color matching to the business; Equipment used for the program; Evaluation of custom colors;...
- Colours shine at Milan. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;04/13/2001, Issue 5233, p3
Features range of colors and themes at the Milan furniture show in Italy. Launch of bright green eclectic range of colors; Increase in the use of plastics; Importance of multifunctionality in cabinet and upholstery furniture.
- What's cooking. Cook, John // Cabinet Maker;1/18/2002, Issue 5270, p18
Describes trends in furniture design for 2002. Imagery; Textures; Choice of colors; Key design elements.
- Look for something stunning, please. Andrews, Susan M. // Furniture/Today;02/12/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 23, pS2
Reports that furniture makers should make color an important element in their products to make a difference among their buyers. Popularity of the sofa among furniture buyers; Preference for pattern and color; Industrial espionage story involving the German brothers Oberkampf.
- Beds show their mettle. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;10/29/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p28
Reports the sale of metal beds during the High Point Furniture Market in the United States. Increase on the demand of child beds; Consideration of traditional and transnational styles of beds; Steps to achieve the desired color and texture combinations of beds.
- Rainbow warriors. // Cabinet Maker;01/21/2000, Issue 5171, p34
Previews color trends at the Furniture Show 2000. Generalizations about the use of color in the home; Commercial color forecasts of the International Colour Authority; Trends in wallcoverings, paints and decorative effects for 2000; Upholstery forecasts for 2001; Housewares colors for 2000.
- Emerald glitters as Pantone's color of the year for 2013. Hodnett, Cindy W. // Furniture/Today;12/17/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 17, p2
The article presents information about Pantone 17-5641 Emerald, which is considered as the color of the year for 2013 by Pantone LLC.