Your questions answered
- Qualitas courts small stores. // Cabinet Maker;1/18/2002, Issue 5270, p3
Reports on Qualitas Inc.'s launching of a membership scheme for small furniture retailers in Great Britain.
- On the Surface. McLean, Vivienne // New Zealand Forest Industries Magazine;Jul99, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p17
Reports on trends in furniture finishing in New Zealand. Options of furniture manufacturers in enhancing their finishing lines; Pace of adoption of environmental friendly finishing products; Popular finishing products. INSET: New formula hard to beat.
- The perfect finish. Shipman, John // Cabinet Maker;1/18/2002 Supplement, p7
Stresses the need for durable finishing within the furniture industry. List of consumer preferences for furniture finishes; Overview on the attractiveness and durability of finishes as a major selling point for furniture manufacturers and retailers; Examples of popular standards for furniture...
- New developments in touch-up and repair. PINKERTON, AUDREY // Wood & Wood Products;Nov98, Vol. 103 Issue 12, p115
Introduces the hard wax sticks, a touch-up technology used to reduce or eliminate burn-in, overspray and dye separation in furniture. Benefits offered by hard wax sticks; How to use the sticks; Advantages of the product over the traditional ones.
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;3/22/2002, Issue 5279, p3
Reports developments in the furniture industry in Great Britain as of March 2002. Joint ventures of companies between Peter Wilkes Furnishers and Qualitas; Government legislation over the furniture operation in Madagascar; Announcement for the British Craft Trade Fair.
- Complaints to Qualitas increase. // Cabinet Maker;02/26/99, Issue 5127, p4
Reports on an increase in the number of complaints received by Qualitas' Conciliation Service in 1998. Remarks from Richard Renouf, Qualitas chief conciliation officer; Breakdown of cases; Increase in the complaints about sofa springs, noises and loose frame joints and finish quality in cabinets.
- Views. Delea's, Emma // Cabinet Maker;1/5/2007, Issue 5519, p9
The article applauds the fact that Qualitas Inc. has changed its name to The Furniture Ombudsman. This is an identity that is expected to better demonstrate the benefits and services the company provides. The author points out that customers need to know that the furniture industry has an active...
- Protection is the name of the game. Millar, James // Cabinet Maker;2/28/2003, Issue 5326, p12
Reports on the concentration of manufacturers on the protection of the fabric of their furniture products in Great Britain. Use of leather upholstery; Decline of the popularity of removable covers; Overview of the various warranty programs of manufacturers.
- Four days, 16 plants offer insight into Malaysia. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;9/28/2015, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p32
In this article, the author discusses development of furniture industry of Malaysia including his visits to furniture shows organized by the Malaysian Furniture Council, strong infrastructure to handle whitewood processing of furniture parts, and challenges faced due to limited local labor.