Lawrence, Mass., Revitalization Plan Gets FleetBoston Grant
- City's economic development funds feed a variety of projects. Slaton, James // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);05/19/97, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p7
Reports that reporting requirements have been introduced in 1997 for recipients of grants from the Economic Development Fund in New Orleans, Louisiana. Reason for the introduction of the reporting requirements; Information on the prior requirements for the grant money; Details on the procedure...
- Tech committees make a quick start. Schnitzer, Peter // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/12/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p21
Reports on the accomplishments of the House Technology, Research and Development Committee and Senate Economic Development and Technology Committee on technology issues in Indiana. Consideration of ideas critical to the economic development; Increased funding for the 21st Century Research and...
- THE USE OF REVENUE SHARING CONCEPTS IN DETERMINING DEVELOPMENT GOALS FOR THE STATE OF ALABAMA. Epley, D.R. // Annals of Regional Science;Feb74, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p118
This paper summarizes a study for the State of Alabama which develops and tests seven alternative plans for the allocation of public grants among four different divisions of governments. This study suggests that the Alabama Development Office and Appalachia Regional Commission monies be combined...
- $15M WIRED Grant Fosters Collaboration, Partnership. Sanders, Elizabeth // Grand Rapids Business Journal;1/8/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 2, pB7
The article reports on the Workforce Innovation in Regional Economic Development (WIRED) grant aimed to urge other counties in Michigan to cooperate in improving the economy. It states the four categories of innovation that will be supported by the grant. The Michigan Department of Labor and...
- Building capacity in Asia. Mashall, Karen // State Government News;Oct2002, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p24
Focuses on the State Environmental Initiative (SEI), a development program for Asia initiated by the Council of State Governments. Number of Asian countries that benefited from SEI projects; Number of U.S. states that applied to the SEI grants competitions; Program areas addressed by the...
- Regional Council will monitor 196 projects. Fink, James // Buffalo Law Journal;12/19/2011, Vol. 83 Issue 101, p1
The article reports that the Western New York (WNY) Regional Council has secured a grant amounting to 100.3 million dollars that will the funding of 96 economic development projects.
- OTHER KEY FUNDING STREAMS AFFECTED BY THE SPENDING REVIEW. // Regeneration & Renewal;10/11/2010, p25
The article presents the other funding streams affected by the spending review of the government in London, England. These fundings include the building schools for the future amounting to 1.4 billion pounds and the community infrastructure fund amounting to 160 million pound and the decent...
- Southeast San Diego gets $6.8M grant. // San Diego Business Journal;03/31/97, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p4
Presents information on a $6.8 million federal grant received by the Southeastern Economic Development Corporation (SEDC). What the fund will be used for; Details on the SEDC.
- Grant helps supply chain program expand. // Inside Tucson Business;12/9/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 27, p16
Reports on the grants provided by the government to expand a regional business-to-business database program in Tucson, Arizona. Features of the initiative; Administration of the program locally through the state's Office of Economic Development Commission; Advantages of the grants.