IRS Audit Team Wants Advice on Naming Rights, 501(c)(3)s
- IRS rules seen as a threat. Kohn, David // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/9/95, Vol. 235 Issue 15, p12
Reports on new rules proposed by the Internal Revenue Service pertaining to private projects, including sports stadiums and arena projects. Financing of stadiums; Ticket sales tax as private payment.
- Nashville Discloses Audit of Stadium Deal; IRS Says 3 Such Audits Ongoing. Hume, Lynn; Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;02/16/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31079, p3
Reports the disclosure of an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) audit on stadium bonds in Washington. Purpose of the IRS examination of stadium financing; Aspects to be examined in the audit; Proposed legislation of former senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan about the 1996 bond issues; Implications of...
- IRS seizes Metro Taxi. // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/10/97, Vol. 17 Issue 52, p8
Reports that the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has seized Indianapolis, Indiana-based Metro Taxi and Stadium Motors. Companies' debt in payroll withholding taxes.
- N.Y. Lawmaker: Yankee Stadium Deal May Have Broken Laws. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;9/17/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32963, p24
The article focuses on the $942.5 million deal between the New York City Industrial Development Agency and New York City to finance the new Yankee Stadium construction in Bronx. The report presents a set of actions which are inconsistent with commitments made by the city to the U.S. Internal...
- IRS says moving allowance is non-taxable. // All Hands;Oct95, Issue 942, p2
Reports that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has ruled on Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA), Temporary Lodging Expense (TLE), Dislocation Allowance (DLA) and Move-in Housing Allowance (MHA). Details of statement issued by IRS.
- NFIB campaign to abolish the IRS code gains steam. // Business Credit;Mar1998, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p69
Reports that the NFIB's Campaign to abolish the IRS Code was endorsed by Trent Lott, Senate Majority Leader and Newt Gingrich, Speaker of the House and a bipartisan group of federal legislators in the United States.
- The statistics corner: Information from tax returns: The statistics of income program of the... Petska, Tom; Scheuren, Fritz // Business Economics;Jul92, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p66
Part II. Describes the short-term modernization of work processes of the US Internal Revenue Service. Restructurization of management practices; Program timeliness; Tracking of demographic changes; Data access; Conceptual consistency of data items.
- Client alert: VCR for qualified plans. // CPA Journal;May94, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p74
Reports on the Voluntary Compliance Resolution (VCR) program initiated by the Internal Revenue Service in 1992. Availability in 1994.
- IRS proposed use of third-party information draws criticism. // CPA Journal;Mar1995, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p15
Reports on the IRS' proposal to change its system of records under the Privacy Act of 1974.