S&P Gives Marietta, Ga., Housing Authority Its 'Strongest' Rating
- Vouchers: The future of local housing agencies. Evans, Audley // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p38
Looks at changes that affect housing authorities in the United States. Deterioration of structure; High connection of low income families; Promotion of mediocrity; Denial of residents' rights.
- HUD awards grants to five cities under the HOPE VI program. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p3
Reports that the housing authorities in five cities in the United States will administer $103 million in HOPE VI grants. Names of states; Purpose of funds; Atlanta receives $19 million; Contact number.
- TISD hears waiver request. Lundy, Emily // Malakoff News (TX);11/30/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 48, p3B
The article reports on the request from the Trinidad Housing Authority for a waiver of their Payment in Lieu of Taxes (PILOT) to the Trinidad Independent School District in Texas.
- S&P evaluates Richmond, Va., housing agency in new program. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/16/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30351, p34
Reports that Standard & Poor's has kicked off a system of evaluating the public housing agencies (PHA) by giving the Redevelopment and Housing Authority an `above average' rating. Help for PHA's entering the capital markets; One of five ratings given to each PHA; Remarks from Richard Gentry.
- Step in the right direction. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);07/10/98, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p16
Editorial. Focuses on the removal of the Housing Authority of New Orleans (HANO) from the Office of Housing & Urban Development's Troubled Housing list. HANO's performance in a rating scale that considers rent collection, unit turnaround and vacancy reduction; Recognition given by the agency...
- Local meeting set on sustainable development plan. Merkel, Jim // Granite City Press-Record;3/28/2012, Vol. 54 Issue 13, p1
The article offers information on a meeting of the Granite City Housing Authority Multi Purpose Center on April 3, 2012.
- Hard times for housing. // Public Finance;12/01/95, p9
Focuses on the reduction of capital spending for council and housing association programs in Great Britain. Information on the local authority credit approvals in years 1996 and 1997; Impact of abolishing Section 54 grant on non-charity housing associations; Benefits of housing challenge fund...
- Scottish Homes brings in close to ...200m from private finance. // Public Finance;09/05/97, p4
Reports that the Scottish Homes attracted 190 million pounds of funding from the private sector between 1996 and 1997. Transfer of Scottish Homes' houses to housing associations and cooperatives; Housing for homeless people and people with particular needs.
- PCS: The key to resident relation. Van Pelt, Tom // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p21
Focuses on the intentions of the local housing authority (LHA) to begin a neighborhood-wide pest control program. Problems faced by the housing authority; Cooperation between the resident manager council (RMC), managers and the LHA security officers; Use of the Phone Communication System (PCS).
- HK Housing Authority issues RFP for multi-asset mandate. // Asian Investor;Nov2010, p4
The article reports that the Hong Kong Housing Authority has issued a request for proposal (RFP) for the multi-asset mandate of fund managers.