Pennsylvania Convention Center in Search of Funding
- Trio bid to run Perth project. // Marketing Event;Sep99, p13
Deals with the bid of Leighton Contractors, Multiplex Consortium and Nexus Consortium to build and manage the Perth Convention and Exhibition Center (PCEC) in Perth, Western Australia. When the center will open; What the complex will house; Expected amount of revenue the complex will inject...
- Garner upbeat on Wembley's future. White, Sara // Marketing Event;Apr2001, p8
Deals with the statement released by Janet Garner, managing director of Wimbley Conference Centre in London, England, regarding the rumored sale of the site. Clarification made by Garner on the issue; Plan of the management to develop the site.
- More space at Telford centre. // Marketing Event;Sep2001, p6
Presents information on the Telford International Centre's redevelopment program in Great Britain. Cost of the redevelopment; Improvements to the structure.
- Quebec's good luck. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;1/17/94, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p51
Announces Ottawa's first grant under the infrastructure program, a total of $27 million to be put toward the $81 million convention center in Quebec City. Despite infrastructure program requirements calling for federal, provincial and municipal involvement there will be no municipal...
- A look at the center. // Architectural Record;Sep1986, Vol. 174 Issue 10, p106
Two years behind schedule and $125 million over budget, the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center finally opened in New York City last April. A report on the Convention Center that is 85 percent booked through 1992, and is a vast improvement over the ugly, congested New York Coliseum, not only in...
- Only connect. Gaskie, M. // Architectural Record;Feb1989, Vol. 177 Issue 2, p112
Reports on the design of Seattle's Washington State Convention and Trade Center (WSCTC). TRA + HNTB, Architects.
- Glitter by the bay. Canty, D.J. // Architectural Record;Aug1990, Vol. 178 Issue 9, p54
Describes the design of the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, California, a $165 million facility designed by Arthur Erickson Architects. Details.
- Divide and conquer. Pearson, C.A. // Architectural Record;Mar1992, Vol. 180 Issue 3, p114
Offers a look at the new Minneapolis Convention Center, designed by The Convention Center Collaborative. The collaborative (consisting of the firms Setter, Leach & Lindstrom, Leonard Parker Associates and Loschky Marquardt Nesholm) broke the 800,000-square-foot space into three manageable,...
- Session information. // Business Credit;Apr97, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p20
Presents a listing of events that will take place at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Utah, during 1997. Names of the events.
- The Atlantic City Convention Center gets closer to reality. Corn, Lila // Business News New Jersey;11/1/95, Vol. 8 Issue 20, p41
Features the new Atlantic City Convention Center as a new Northeast business address. Special features of the convention center; Financing; Spectacor Management Group of Philadelphia as manager of the center; Questions regarding the fate of the old center; Center's Location; Future plans;...