Market Will Focus On FOMC, Jobs Data
- Munis Slightly Weaker After Run of Firmness. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/27/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33389, p2
The article presents the statements from the Federal Open Market Committee that the municipal market was showing slight weakness despite light secondary trading activity in the U.S.
- Indexes Mostly Up Amid Fed Cut, Treasury Volatility. O'Connor, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;12/14/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31285, p34
Reports on significant increase in yield indexes despite volatility in Treasury market and interest rate cut by the U.S. Federal Open Market Committee. Reduction in rates of federal funds; Increase in consumer price index; Status of general obligation bonds yield.
- Interest Rates. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jun99, p6
Reports on the impact of the directive adopted by the United States Federal Open Market Committee on interest rate in May 1999. Factors which lead to the increase in interest rate since the turn of 1999; Effect of the directive on the bond markets.
- Nearly All Bond Buyer Indexes Show Sizeable Declines. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/19/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33027, p7
The article reports on the financial performance of bond buyer indexes in the U.S. in December 2008. It states that after several weeks of continuously rising yields, nearly all bond indexes in the municipal market showed sizeable declines. It emphasizes that the decline follows after the...
- Players Face Slew of Uncertainties: Fed Funds Rate, Yields, Supply. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/24/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32740, p6
The article offers developments in financial services market in the U.S. in October 2007. The Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) will meet later this month. Trades of interest rate futures at the Chicago Board of Trade indicated an 88 percent chance the FOMC will lower its target for overnight...
- FOMC Minutes Indicate Next Move Will Be Hike. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;8/27/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32949, p2
The article reports on the tightening interest rates expected by the Federal Open Market Committee (FOC) members in the U.S. bond market. Members agreed that labor markets has softened further, that financial markets remained under considerable stress, in conjunction with still-elevated energy...
- Bond Buyer Yield Indexes Higher in Wake of FOMC Rate Cut. O'Connor, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;04/27/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31127, p38
Reports on the rise in the 'Bond Buyer' periodical's bond yield indexes after the United States Federal Open Market Committee decided to cut interest rates, during the period covered from February 1, 2001 to April 26, 2001. Percentage gains in the 'Bond Buyer' periodical's general obligation...
- Market Unchanged as Investors Wait on FOMC Meeting. Curran, William; Scarchili, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/3/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32437, p2
The article reports on developments concerning the municipal bond market in the United States as of August 2, 2006. The tax-exempt market remained unchanged, as market participants wait for clues as to whether the Federal Open Market Committee will adjust monetary policy when it meets on August...
- Market Post: Munis Hesitant Ahead of Primary, FOMC. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;9/11/2012, Vol. 121 Issue 33780, p1
The article presents information on the tax-exempt money market in the U.S. Traders were fumbling to make significant moves due to uncertainty in the launching of Quantitative Easing 3 by the U.S. federal government. The traders were longing for the primary to provide direction and for the...