Utah Democrats Eying Bonds to Fund Highways, Rail Networks
- Appelate Court Rules California Can Issue Bonds for Rail Project. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;8/4/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34154, p1
The article discusses the rulings of the California third district Court of Appeal regarding bonds issuing for Rail Project by the state as of July 2014. The Court ruled that the state may resume selling 10 billion U.S. dollars in bonds for its rail project which reversed the ruling made by...
- Ways & Means' Thomas Moves to Strike Bond Provision From Rail Legislation. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;2/1/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32310, p29
The article reports that United States House Ways and Means Committee chairman Bill Thomas has moved to strike a bond provision from legislation to be considered by the panel. The legislation would authorize states to issue up to 24 billion dollars in tax-exempt and taxable tax-credit bonds over...
- MWAA Picks Team for Up to $600M of Rail Bonds. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;1/7/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33246, p5
The article reports on the announced plan by the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (MWAA) to sell a financing team for 250 million dollars to 600 million dollars of bonds to finance the Dulles International Metrorail extension. The price of the new-money revenue bonds will be expected...
- Judge Blocks California High-Speed Rail Bonds. // Bond Buyer;11/26/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34018, p1
The article informs that the California High-Speed Rail Authority has been denied a permission by California court Judge Michael Kenny to issue more than eight billion U.S. dollars in bonds to finance the construction of a rail system from San Francisco to Los Angeles, in California. Kenny has...
- Florida Gets $66.6M in First Round of U.S. High-Speed Rail Grants. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/1/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33325, p3
The article reports on the 66.6 million dollars in federal grants obtained by Florida for high-speed rail development.
- Kenya has turned to China to fund the building of a new standard gauge railway line between Mombasa and Nairobi. // African Business News;9/9/2013, p24
The article reports that Kenya will seek cooperation from China to fund the construction of a new standard gauge railway line between Mombasa and Nairobi.
- Illinois to get $186 million for St. Louis-Chicago high-speed rail. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;5/12/2011, Vol. 74 Issue 41, p5
The article reports that Illinois would receive 186 million dollars high-speed rail funds for Chicago to St. Louis corridor in 2011.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Rail Business Intelligence;3/10/2011, Issue 385, p3
The article reports that Great Britain's railroad projects, Nuneaton North Chord and resignalling at Kennett between Bury St Edmunds and Ely, have been allocated 4. 99 million euros from the Trans-European Transport Network (TEN-T) programme.
- Syria could open up region's trade. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;4/23/2010, Vol. 54 Issue 17, p7
The article reports on the move of the government to spend one billion dollars for the development of a comprehensive and efficient railway network with hopes to increase the flow of trade in Syria.