Time-Varying Betas in an Emerging Stock Market: The Case of Brazil
- SECURITIES IN REGISTRATION: EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/18/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 33, p66
Lists planned offerings in the equities market as of August 18, 2003.
- Momentum In Canadian Stock Returns. Cleary, Sean; Inglism, Michael // Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Canadian Journal of;Sep98, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p279
Focuses on the Canadian stock market. Empirical evidences suggesting that United States and Canadian stocks follow predictable patterns over a short-term horizon; Profitability of momentum trading; Sensitivity of relative strength portfolio returns to transaction costs.
- Market snapshot. // Securities Industry News;02/22/99, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p13
Presents charts related to stock trading. Most popular countries for custodians to add to their networks in 1999; Result of a survey of global equities market.
- Pan-European Alliance Puts Kibosh on Seaq-I. Forman, Michael // Securities Industry News;08/09/99, Vol. 11 Issue 31, p4
Focuses on the termination of the quote-trading system for European stocks called the Seaq International at the London Stock Exchange. Replacement of the system with newer electronic trading and information sources; Significance of the euro unified currency on the decision to change the system.
- BACK IN BUSINESS. Dickinson, Casey J. // Business Journal (Central New York);09/21/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p1
Reports on the resumption of stock trading at the stock market on September 17, 2001. Result of the stock trading; Increase in shares of defense-related stocks; Resumption of hotel business operation.
- ICE Meltdown. // Siliconindia;May2000, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p22
Cites the sharp decline in prices of information technology, communication and entertainment shares on India's Bombay Stock Exchange in April 2000. Investors' faithfulness to equity markets; Reallocation of portfolios to so-called `Old Economy' stocks.
- KL: Stuck In A Bear Trend. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/18/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 30, p5
Presents a market outlook for Malaysian stocks as of November 2002. Concerns about the U.S. economy; Indication of the trading decline in the Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange; Results of the business confidence survey conducted by the Malaysian Institute of Economic Research.
- Scandal Hits Chile Stocks. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/17/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 46, p9
Reports on the stock exchanges in Chile as of March 2003. Risks on the country's Indice General de Precios de Acciones (IGPA); Impact of a scandal on the illegal sale of financial instruments by the Inverlink brokerage on IGPA index; Outlook on timber stocks; Stance of the Chilean government on...
- JKSE Still Bid. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/12/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the performance of the Jakarta Stock Exchange since a short term bullish call is initiated on their online service. Impact of Indonesia's disinflation process on the central bank.