Performance of European Focused Mutual Funds
- Jensen's Evolving Pursuit of Growth. Carlson, Greg // Morningstar FundInvestor;Jun2012, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p16
The article focuses on the growth prospects of Jensen Quality Growth JENSX equity fund. The journal's investment analysis mentions that 19 of the Jensen fund's 29 holders had competitive advantage, which indicates that these holders will have sustainable growth for long years and high returns on...
- MEASUREMENT OF THE EFFICIENCY OF MUTUAL FUNDS OPERATING ON THE PAN-EUROPEAN MARKET. Witkowska, Dorota // Folia Oeconomica Stetinensia;2012, Issue 2, p126
In the paper the performance of 18 selected European mutual funds is evaluated. Analysis is conducted for 6 samples distinguished from the period 15.09.2006-20.01.2012. Ranking of funds is provided applying the aggregated measures that base on well known Sharpe, Treynor and Jensen ratios and...
- Mutual funds: Tax efficiency is nice--but not the bottom line. Kane, Leslie // Medical Economics;03/22/99, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p164
Examines the tax-adjusted annualized returns of mutual funds over three and five-year periods in the United States. Heritage Capital's appreciation trust; Vanguard's tax-managed growth and income fund; Weitz's fund portfolio. INSET: The most tax-efficient way to buy and sell shares..
- Small variation in returns can result in giant leap in gains. Jaffe, Charles A. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);08/02/99, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p20
Focuses on strategies for making mutual fund investments in Louisiana to maximize investment returns. Viability of emphasizing investments for fund with average returns; Recognition that average rates are more valuable in the long run.
- HIGH YIELD FUND PERFORMANCE. // High Yield Report;12/2/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 47, p12
Presents a chart showing the performance of high yield funds as of October 31, 2002.
- Net Selectivity Revisited: An Extension. Krueger, Thomas M.; Callaway, Richard E. // Journal of Economics & Finance;Summer94, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p193
Presents an extension of a study of mutual-fund net selectivity that was published in the 'Journal of Economics and Finance' in 1993. Use of monthly instead of annual data in the calculation of returns, variance, and semivariance; Negative semivariance-adjusted excess returns of several funds,...
- Finally, a researcher telling it like it is. // Money Management;7/15/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p28
The article focuses on the miserable fund with uncertain possibilities of producing good returns, even with the help of great investors.
- New York State Gains and Loses. Willcox, Kathleen // Investment Management Weekly;1/21/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p3
Reports the rate of return received by New York State Common Retirement Fund from its investments, after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack.
- An Unstable U.S. Economy Prompts New Look at Unhedged Global Bonds. Krebsbach, Karen // Bank Investment Consultant;Sep2002, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p24
Reports on the profitability of foreign-bond mutual funds. Rate of returns from global-bond mutual funds; Level of correlation to US stocks; Cash flow from equity mutual funds.