Exploring Methods to Evaluate the Return on Investment from Training
- How to Measure Training's ROI. Adair, Rodger // Credit Union Executive Newsletter;03/12/2001, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p1
Focuses on the impact of employee training on return of investment (ROI) in the United States. Enumeration of trainings with effective ROI; Issue of cost-effectivity; Establishment of ROI baseline.
- How to Calculate Training's ROI. Lanphear, Sue // Credit Union Executive Newsletter;12/2/2002, Vol. 28 Issue 39, p2
Provides tips on analyzing training needs, development and implement training, and calculate return on investment in Washington. Evaluation of the current performance levels; Identification of the desirable performance or behavior of employees; Calculation of the cost of developing and...
- RETAINING AFTER TRAINING. Lermont-Pape, Heather // Rural Telecommunications;May/Jun2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p26
Discusses ways for managers to maximize the return on their training investment. Learning principles to ensure that employees retain and apply the information they get in training; Definition of four basic learning styles; Things to consider in designing a company's training course.
- Raise your training ROI. Chase, Nancy // Quality;Sep97, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p28
Explains the methods for maximizing a company's return on employee training investment. Focus on performance objectives; Identification of business challenges; Performance-needs analysis; Training-needs analysis; Feasibility analysis; Trainer selection; Ways to minimize costs without risking...
- Why ROI Isn't Enough. van Brakel, Reinout // T+D;Jun2002, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p72
Explores the complexities in measuring the return-on-investment (ROI) of training among corporate organizations. Factors affecting the feasibility of measuring ROI; Impact with linking training to business strategies; Need of a cycle of evaluation for ROI.
- Measuring the ROI of E-Learning. Gale, Sarah Fister // Workforce (10928332);Aug2002, Vol. 81 Issue 8, p74
Focuses on measuring return on investment (ROI) of electronic learning for employees. Cost savings associated with e-learning; Measurement of the value of e-learning; Approaches adopted by companies in measuring ROI.
- ROI: The search for best practices. Phillips, Jack J. // Training & Development;Feb96, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p42
Part I. Discusses the measurement of the return on investment (ROI) in training employees. Building onto the Level-4 evaluation model developed by Donald Kirkpatrick; Recommendations; Case studies; Unanswered questions about measuring ROI; Evaluation.
- Subjective ROI. Merlo, Nicholas S. // Training & Development Journal;Nov88, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p63
Focuses on the concept of return on investment in the employee training context. Ways of measuring on-the-job performance; Assessment of employee performance; Estimation of financial utility; Calculation of return-on-investment.
- What investment are you really making? GITOMER, JEFFREY // Corridor Business Journal;10/27/2014, Vol. 11 Issue 14, p30
The article discusses the importance of focusing on return on service (ROS) in business, which can result from providing positive attitude training to employees, shipping order errors and backorders for free and addressing the delivery and arrival of a customer shipment.