Walk the Talk: Promoting Control of Nursing Practice and a Patient-Centered Culture
- RN's CAREER COUNSELOR: Strategies to advance our career. Glasser, Gail; Roth, Judith M.; Long, Gail Capehart // RN;Jul83, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p64
Gives pieces of advice on strategies to advance nursing careers. Qualifications necessary for nurse position in a cardiac rehabilitation program; Assessment of reasons for non-promotion of nurses; Accreditation for registered nurse to become nurse-midwife.
- RN's CAREER COUNSELOR: Strategies for nurses on the move. Glasser, Gail // RN;Jun82, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p80
Offers career advice on the nursing profession. Programs for nurses that could be taken for advancement in the field of nursing management.
- Trial brings practitioners one-step closer. // Australian Nursing Journal;Feb2002, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p31
Provides information on the results of a nurse practitioner trial conducted in the Australian Capital Territory in December 2001. Significance of the trial to the career advancement of nurses; Nursing specializations examined during the trial; Remarks from several nursing graduates who...
- Overview and Summary: Professional Pathways in Nursing: Options to Seek, Start, and Sustain a Career. Donley, Rosemary; Flaherty, Mary Jean // Online Journal of Issues in Nursing;2008, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p10
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one on the entry points into professional nursing era, another on historical evolution of career ladders in nursing in the U.S., and a new career pathways for clinicians as classroom teachers, researchers, and/or clinical...
- Practice profile. // Paediatric Nursing;Dec2008, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p44
The article offers step-by-step instructions for writing a practice profile of between 750 and 1,000 words as well as examples of practice profile entries.
- Musing on Magnets. Curran, Connie R. // Nursing Economic$;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p57
Editorial. Comments on environments at American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) accredited hospitals that are ideal for nursing practice. Nurses working in magnet hospitals as having higher educational preparation; Magnet hospital nurses' characterization of their work environments as...
- ADVICE OF COUNSEL. Oliver, Rosann Sellani // RN;Sep85, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p72
Focuses on the administrative handling of nurses who are sleeping on duty. Supervisor options to reprimand the employees; Sharing of concerns to the nurses.
- El cuidado enfermero como problema Ã©tico: concepto y principios prÃ¡cticos aplicados al acto de cuidado. Miranda, Alejandro; Contreras, Sebastián // Revista Brasileira de Enfermagem;nov/dez2014, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p873
In this paper the authors study the nature of the act of care, emphasize the importance of ethics in the professions related to the health of people and develop, in the light of the central tradition of Western moral philosophy, a set of principles that should guide nursing activity.
- Nurses play a vital role in health care. Robillard, Jean // Corridor Business Journal;2/6/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 29, p16
The article discusses the importance of nurses in providing health care services and their role in effective management of patients in Iowa. It says that nurses are finding ways to face challenges that are prevailing in the current scenario of medical care. It says that the proactive measures,...