- Hamas agents join Bedouin smugglers, clash with Egyptians in Sinai; Senior Hamas agents escape from 4 prisons during upheaval in Egypt. // Geo-Strategy Direct;2/9/2011, p4
The article offers news briefs related to Hamas. Hamas agents have infiltrated Sinai, Egypt to help the Bedouin tribes to smuggle fuel, weapons and vehicles from Egypt to Gaza Strip. At least eight operatives of Hamas have escaped from the prisons in Egypt and reached Gaza Strip through the...
- World Citizen: Hamas Disappoints its Backers. Ghitis, Frida // World Politics Review;11/19/2009, p98
The article reports that the allies and backers of Hamas are disappointed on the performance of the Hamas concerning its war against Israel. The allies and backers of Hamas include Damascus and Tehran. According to the article, there is a difficulty for the Israeli public to accept the...
- HAMAS ARMED WING CALLS OFF TWO-YEAR TRUCE. // Middle East Reporter (Weekly Edition);8/20/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 1265, p1
The article reports on the statement of Hamas leaders of the Gaza Strip that they were no longer committed with Israel to a more than two-year de facto truce since the end of a war in 2009.
- PALESTINIANS-HAMAS-SETTLERS. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);12/15/2011, Vol. 199 Issue 5241, p6
The article mentions the 24th anniversary of Islamist Gaza Strip-based Palestinian movement Hamas.
- A guaranteed trip to heaven. Bartholet, Jeffrey // Newsweek;4/24/1995, Vol. 125 Issue 17, p42
Offers a glimpse into the secretive world of the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas), whose bombing campaign has disrupted talks between Israelis and Palestinians. The death of seven Israelis and an American tourist by suicide bombers in Gaza in April 1995; How human bombs are recruited;...
- New Hamas Textbooks: Torah and Talmud are 'Fabricated'. // Israel Faxx;11/4/2013, Vol. 21 Issue 217W, p5
The article reports on the textbooks, which characterize the Torah and Talmud as fabricated and describe Zionism as a racist movement, introduced by Hamas into schools in the Gaza Strip.
- Up to eight people were feared dead. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;4/3/95, Vol. 87 Issue 88, p2
Reports the death of eight people in an explosion in the Gaza Strip. Role of Islamic Hamas group.
- Hamas Terrorists Triggered Middle East Violence. D'Agostino, Joseph A. // Human Events;4/15/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 14, p5
Features the radical Islamic Palestinian group Hamas, which stands for Harakat Muqawama Islamiyya, headquartered in the Gaza Strip. Reason for launching an anti-Israeli suicide bombing campaign in the Middle East as of April 15, 2002; History of the group starting 1967; Information about Hamas...
- Gaza The jailed state. Chehab, Zaki // New Statesman;5/28/2007, Vol. 136 Issue 4846, p24
In this article the author examines the political instability of the Gaza Strip following the 2007 attacks on the region by Israel. The author states that the West should not tolerate the fighting between the Israeli Army and Palestinian guerrillas. There is discussion of the suggestion made by...