CPR in clinics
- Neighborhood Heart Watch: Saving Time Saves Lives. // Medical Update;Jan2002, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p3
Provides information on the creation of the Neighborhood Heart Watch program which aimed to train individuals to do cardiopulmonary resuscitation and use automated external defibrillators.
- Study: Defibrillators save lives without special training. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Dec2002, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p10
Reports on the effectiveness of the automated defibrillators in saving lives in the U.S. Application of cardiopulmonary resuscitation; Restoration of the blood flow; Installation of the devices in public places.
- Effectiveness of the BBC's 999 training roadshows on cardiopulmonary resuscitation: Video... Donnelly, P.D.; Lester, C.A. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/12/96, Vol. 313 Issue 7062, p912
Examines the competence of a cohort trained in cardiopulmonary resuscitation by the BBC's 999 training roadshows. Test design; Setting; Subjects; Results; Conclusion.
- Improve CPR training. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;1/12/2000, Vol. 283 Issue 2, p191
Reports on the results of a study conducted by researchers from the University of Munich Medical School in Germany, which evaluated the cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) training of medical personnel. Determination of how quickly and effectively healthcare proffesionals and laypersons could...
- ABC of Resuscitation: TRAINING AND RETENTION OF SKILLS. Wynne, Geralyn // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);7/5/1986, Vol. 293 Issue 6538, p30
Focuses on the training and retention of cardiopulmonary resuscitation skills among medical and nursing personnel. Need to review the resuscitation training in medical schools; Performance of rescuers; Standards and guidelines for basic life support.
- AEDs move into industry. Finnegan, Lisa // Occupational Hazards;Apr99, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p51
Reports on the effectiveness of automated external defibrillators (AED) in preventing the loss of life to people at work. Applications and process of operating AEDs; Leading manufacturers; Accounts where employees' lives have been saved by the AED.
- 10 frequently asked questions about automated external defibrillators. Altmann, Mark // Occupational Hazards;Sep99, Vol. 61 Issue 9, p85
Presents answers to most frequently asked questions about automated external defibrillators (AED). Includes defibrillation as best way to treat sudden cardiac arrest; Ineffectiveness of cardiopulmonary resuscitation while waiting for an ambulance; Effectiveness and mechanics of use of AED;...
- Time and safety in defibrillation with paddles versus pads; a comparative study of two defibrillation regimes. Halle, Benedikte Møhl; Ullerup-Aagaard, Henriette; Folkestad, Lars; Brabrand, Mikkel // Scandinavian Journal of Trauma, Resuscitation & Emergency Medici;2012 Supplement 2, Vol. 20 Issue Suppl 2, p1
An abstract of the article "Time and safety in defibrillation with paddles versus pads; a comparative study of two defibrillation regimes," by Benedikte MÃ¸hl halle, Henriette Ullerup-Aagaard, Lars Folkestad, and Mikkel Brabrand is presented.
- The automated external cardiac defibrillator: Lifesaving device for medical emergencies. Alexander, Roger E. // Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA);Jun99, Vol. 130 Issue 6, p837
Evaluates the effectiveness of automated external cardiac defibrillators (AED) in cardiopulmonary resuscitation and prevention of sudden cardiac arrest. History of AED development; Description of AED; Technology used; Sensitivity and specificity; Restrictions and contraindications; Cost...