Which Stent for Which Lesion in Peripheral Interventions?
- Editor's choice. // Surgical Products;Nov99, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p6
Recommends various surgical instruments. Includes profile analyzers from Nova Biomedical and Associated Bag Co.; Hypothermia monitor from Trademark Medical; Cordis Corp.'s CrossFlex LC Coronary Stent.
- Stent Measurement and Inspection. // Medical Device Technology;Oct2003, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p39
Studies stent measurement and inspection. Features and functions of stents; Advantages provided by microscopes in stent measurement and inspection; Functions of noncontact measuring systems.
- Literature Review: CORONARY ARTERY DISEASE--STENTS. // Current Medical Literature: Interventional Cardiology Monitor;2004, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p44
Presents abstracts of research papers on the use of stents in coronary artery disease published in various periodicals.
- Sharp Move: Grossmont Hospital Expands Services. Chambers, Heather // San Diego Business Journal;6/16/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p20
The article reports on the stent graft treatment for abdominal aortic aneurysms employed at Sharp Grossmont Hospital in La Mesa, California. The Food and Drug Administration-approved device would expand the minimally invasive treatment of aortic aneurysms to an additional 20% of patients with...
- Drug-eluting stent market low in Brazil. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;7/24/2010, Issue 608, p14
The article focuses on a report of the Millennium Research Group which revealed that the market for drug-eluting stents (DES) in Brazil is low because the public healthcare system does not reimburse such procedures.
- Micro Abrasive Blasting: Delivers 21st Century Stents. Whelan, T.; Parmelee, S. // Medical Device Technology;Sep2009, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p30
The article reports on the development and advancement in manufacturing operation for stents. It discusses how stent manufacturers in the U.S. are responding with the expanding applications for stents. It reveals the improvements in all aspects of design and manufacturing carried out by the...
- Reasonable Safety Ranges. Castaneda, Flavio // CardioVascular & Interventional Radiology;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p164
Comments on the efforts of Hofman et al. at evaluating the extreme limits of a single sample device of most of the balloon expandable stents available on the market. Compliments to the manufacturer and regulatory agencies for doing a good job in protecting patients; Encouragement for readers to...
- Cordis pushes Nevo in trial, to end Cypher Elite production. FORD, OMAR // Medical Device Daily;3/20/2009, Vol. 13 Issue 53, p1
The article focuses on the decision of Cordis to conduct a clinical trial on the Nevo sirolimus-eluting coronary stent to compare it to the Xeince V everolimus-eluting coronary stent from Abbott. Cordis is said to have so much faith in the Nevo device, which is designed with a reservoir (RES)...
- Function determines code for ureteral stents or catheters. // Contemporary Urology;Oct2002, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p76
Focuses on codes used by urologists to differentiate stents and ureteral catheters. Use of stents in urologic medicine; Description of ureteral catheters; Overview of typical coding stent scenarios; Ureteral catheter coding scenarios.