Which Stent for Which Lesion in Peripheral Interventions?
- Editor's choice. // Surgical Products;Nov99, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p6
Recommends various surgical instruments. Includes profile analyzers from Nova Biomedical and Associated Bag Co.; Hypothermia monitor from Trademark Medical; Cordis Corp.'s CrossFlex LC Coronary Stent.
- Stent Measurement and Inspection. // Medical Device Technology;Oct2003, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p39
Studies stent measurement and inspection. Features and functions of stents; Advantages provided by microscopes in stent measurement and inspection; Functions of noncontact measuring systems.
- Literature Review: CORONARY ARTERY DISEASE--STENTS. // Current Medical Literature: Interventional Cardiology Monitor;2004, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p44
Presents abstracts of research papers on the use of stents in coronary artery disease published in various periodicals.
- DIVERGE: bifurcated stent safe biolimus-eluting. Raible, Eric // Cardiology Today;Mar2009, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p19
The article deals with a study published in the "Journal of the American College of Cardiology" which focused on the safety of self-expanding bifurcated biolimus-eluting stents in bifurcation lesions.
- NO-CLOG STENT. Matus, Jordan; Harrar, Sari // Prevention;Apr2002, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p168
Describes the CYPHER sirolimus-eluting stent, a metal scaffold that holds clogged arteries open, that helps to combat the problems encountered with older stents, where scar tissue grows around the stent site, threatening to block off the bloodflow.
- Sharp Move: Grossmont Hospital Expands Services. Chambers, Heather // San Diego Business Journal;6/16/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p20
The article reports on the stent graft treatment for abdominal aortic aneurysms employed at Sharp Grossmont Hospital in La Mesa, California. The Food and Drug Administration-approved device would expand the minimally invasive treatment of aortic aneurysms to an additional 20% of patients with...
- InspireMD claims MGuard EPS superior to standard stents. // Medical Device Daily;10/26/2012, Vol. 16 Issue 209, p4
The article reports that the MGuard Embolic Protection Stent (EPS) from InspireMD of Israel has emerged as superior over standard bare metal and drug eluting stents in achieving complete ST resolution and restoring normal blood flow.
- Drug-eluting stent market low in Brazil. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;7/24/2010, Issue 608, p14
The article focuses on a report of the Millennium Research Group which revealed that the market for drug-eluting stents (DES) in Brazil is low because the public healthcare system does not reimburse such procedures.
- Micro Abrasive Blasting: Delivers 21st Century Stents. Whelan, T.; Parmelee, S. // Medical Device Technology;Sep2009, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p30
The article reports on the development and advancement in manufacturing operation for stents. It discusses how stent manufacturers in the U.S. are responding with the expanding applications for stents. It reveals the improvements in all aspects of design and manufacturing carried out by the...