Grijalva seeks to stop work on border wall
- Grijalva calls boycott over immigration bill. // Inside Tucson Business;4/26/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p3
The article reports on the move of U.S. Representative Raul Grijalva to boycott the state for the controversial legislation for local police to arrest illegal immigrants for trespassing charges in Tucson, Arizona.
- Raising Arizona. Grijalva, Raúl // Hill;4/8/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 37, p26
The article focuses on the insights of Arizona Representative Raul Grijalva on various legislative bills he has introduced.
- The Supplemental Security Income Restoration Act. // Bifocal;Apr2013, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p5
A summary is presented of the bill H.R. 1601, the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Restoration Act introduced by U.S. Representative Raul Grijalva on April 17, 2013.
- With or without gun lobby, Grijalva calls for new laws. // Inside Tucson Business;12/21/2012, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p4
The article reports on the call of the U.S. Representative RaÃºl Grijalva for the enactment of stricter laws for gun control.
- What some Phoenix motels won't do. Hatfield, David // Inside Tucson Business;6/4/2007, Vol. 16 Issue 52, p22
The article offers business news briefs in Arizona. Some innkeepers have increased their normal rates due to the National Football League's 2008 Super bowl and the final day of the Professional Golfer's Association's FBR Open. The Women of Influence breakfast, where 10 special women will be...
- Should the House Pass H.R. 609, the College Access and Opportunity Act? Con. Grijalva, Raúl // Congressional Digest;Jun2006, Vol. 85 Issue 6, p191
The article presents a speech by Honorable Raul Grijalva, United States Representative, Arizona, delivered at the March 30, 2006, House floor debate on H. R. 609, the College Access and Opportunity Act. He believes that H. R. 609 should not be passed because its provisions hurt students and...
- Grijalva lists $278M in earmark requests. // Inside Tucson Business;4/13/2009, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p4
The article reports on the earmark requests by Arizona Representative RaÃºl Grijalva for his district totaling $278 million. His biggest requests include $73 million for a modern streetcar/light rail system in Tucson, $39.4 million for wash channel projects in Nogales, and $21.8 million for...
- Nogales port to get $200M in improvements. // Inside Tucson Business;4/6/2009, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p4
The article reports on the nearly $200 million that the Mariposa Port of Entry in Nogales, Arizona will receive for construction of improvements through federal stimulus fund. Representative RaÃºl Grijalva revealed to Nogales Mayor Octavio Garcia-Von Borstel that the package for Mariposa is...
- Raul Grijalva. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Oct/Nov2003, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p16
Focuses on the political career of U.S. Congressman Raul Grijalva of Tucson, Arizona. His approach to immigration; Election campaign strategies of Grijalva; Career background.