Electronic Media Sales Projected To Reach $1.4 Billion In 2000 And Continue To Grow Rapidly
- DVD promises an interim step toward interactive video. McCarthy, Shira // Telephony;11/27/95, Vol. 229 Issue 22, p22
Reports on the digital video disc (DVD) technology being developed by the Digital Audio-Visual Council. Provision of the new technology of transition between narrowband and broadband services; Promotional offers for the DVDs; Number and cost of viewings for each DVD.
- Luff; DAVIC work on track. Bernier, Paula // Telephony;3/27/95, Vol. 228 Issue 13, p12
Reports on the status of the Digital Audio-Visual Council's (DAVIC) plans to come out with a blueprint for the design of end-to-end interactive networks by December 1995. Report by Robert Luff, DAVIC management committee member; Features of the plans; Other plans by DAVIC.
- Digital display network launched for business. // AV Magazine;May/jun2012, p6
The article reports on the launch of the digital display network by ECNlive in Great Britain.
- nma Live travels to Manchester to discuss issues facing agencies. // New Media Age;2/25/2010, p06
The article reports that new media age (nma) is hosting its first Live event in Manchester, England in March 2010, with the aim of determining how changes in the interactive agency world affect the industry.
- New media: Where are the women? Tunbridge, Nat // Australian Personal Computer;Jun96, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p24
Presents results of the report `Taking the Byte: The Impact of New Media Technologies on Women,' by the Women in Film and Television Australia. Paucity of women who go to computer conferences; Relative positions and respect commanded by men and women in the electronic media industry; Lack of...
- Set-top box specs released. R.N. // Electronic Design;1/8/96, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p29
Reports on the DAVIC 1.0 Rev. 4 technical specification, which was issued by Digital Audio-Visual Council (DAVIC), to support a range of applications using emerging digital technologies. What the applications includes; Aims of DAVIC; Total number of companies making up DAVIC; Headquarters...
- DAVIC draws nearer to end-to-end solution. Bernier, Paula // Telephony;2/6/95, Vol. 228 Issue 6, p24
Focuses on the development by the Digital Audio-Visual Council (DAVIC) of a diagram of recommended protocols and interfaces necessary to accelerate and enhance the development of new, digitally based video services. Features of recommended protocols; Comment by Robert Luff, DAVIC management...
- breaking news. // New Media Age;5/13/2010, p03
This section offers two news briefs related to the digital media industry in Great Britain as of May 13, 2010, which includes the decision of budget airline JetBlue Airways to appoint London-based TBG Digital as its media partner to develop a social media strategy in the U.S. and the website...
- Digital trends are sending mixed messages about the industry. COOPER, ANTHONY // New Media Age;5/13/2010, p15
The author discusses the mixed messages sent by the latest trends in the digital media industry in Great Britain as of May 2010, which include the declining non-strategic project-based briefs and the increasing opportunities for agencies.