Congress Hands New President A Record $42 Billion Education Budget
- Paige, Congress Tap Improvement Fund For Wish List Items. Sack, Joetta L. // Education Week;11/14/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p1
Reports the appropriations for the improvement of education in the United States. Rationale of the Fund for the Improvement of Education by the United States Congress; Mechanics of fund dispersal by the Department of Education; Controversies surrounding the availability and dispersal of the...
- Changes in State Fiscal Conditions And Appropriations for Educations. // Education Week;10/10/1984, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p11
A chart is presented that depicts changes in state appropriations for education in the U.S.
- Government may ringfence councils' schools spending. Broom, Douglas // Public Finance;11/03/95, p2
Reports plans of the government to ringfence schools spending in Great Britain. Aims of stopping councils from spending extra government funding on other services; Importance of the plan to create a national spending formula for schools; Relevance on community care funding.
- TOP 10 HIGHEST SPENDING ON EDUCATION. // Geographical (Geographical Magazine Ltd.);Feb2008, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p10
A list of the top countries with the highest spending on education based on percentage of gross domestic product (GDP) is presented.
- Budget Plan Targets Schools. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/23/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33286, p9
The article reports on the approval of a 5.1 billion dollars as budget for fiscal 2011 that reduces state aid to public education by 172 million dollars by the House Appropriations Committee in Kansas.
- Lobbying expenditures and Government Output: The NEA and public education. Hoyt, William T.; Toma, Eugenia Froedge // Southern Economic Journal;Oct93, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p405
Examines the role of state governments in public elementary and secondary education on state and local levels in the light of interest groups' influence in government spending. Effects of lobbying by two interest groups differing by gravity of demands on state and local governments; Development...
- Summer session distasteful to both sides over budget. Jacobson, Alf // New Hampshire Business Review;6/27/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p11A
Focuses on the result of the legislative session in the U.S. Disappointment of New Hampshire Governor on the legislative resolution to the budget; Reduction of the budget proposal; Modification of the state's share in funding public information.
- ESTIMATION OF RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT EXPENDITURES IN THE HIGHER EDUCATION SECTOR, 2000-2001. Thompson, Janet // Science Statistics;Nov2002, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p1
Presents an estimation of research and development expenditures in the Canadian higher education sector from 2000 to 2001. Details on the distribution of expenditures; Background on the institutes, universities and colleges that compose the higher education sector; Information on an estimation...
- Virginia to spend $67 million on school technology in... // Electronic Education Report;08/06/97, Vol. 4 Issue 15, p6
Illustrates that the state of Virginia is planning to spend on school technology in 1997-1998. Details on the budget; How Virginia reversed its 1995 decision and applied for the federal Goals 2000 funding.