FAR WEST Bond-Watch
- Hawaii Readies $300 Million in GOs Amid Tourism Rebound. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/8/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31509, p34
Focuses on a proposed sale of general obligation bonds worth $300 million by authorities of Hawaii on November 13, 2002. Usage of the money raised from the sale; Debts of the state; Condition of tourism in the state.
- Rebounding Honolulu Ready to Sell $150 Million in GOs Tuesday. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;02/23/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31083, p3
Reports the sale of the state general obligation bonds in Honolulu, Hawaii. Implications of the sale for the rebounding economy; Uses of the sale proceeds; Impact of the recession in California and the United States continental to the economy of the state.
- Hawaii. // Bond Buyer;02/14/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30828, p25S
Focuses on the economic conditions of Hawaii. Issuance of general obligation bonds to fund capital improvements; Attention to proposed special purpose revenue bond deals; Needs for water infrastructure; State and state authorities general use of proceeds; Priorities in private activities;...
- Secession Threat. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/18/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31764, p27
Reports on the secession threat of lawmakers in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Opposition to the bond proposal; Creation of an extension of Paseo Del Norte through Petroglyph National Monument.
- California Power Agency Readies First Three Offerings. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/30/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31376, p44
Reports the bond financing plans of California Consumer Power and Conservation Financing Authority. Approval of the agreement to construct and operate power plant; Issuance of tax-exempt industrial development bonds; Plan to re-market the bonds.
- Peach State Power Play. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31452, p1
Reports the decision of the Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia to sell revenue bonds. Inclusion of the fixed rate bonds in the sale; Importance of the proceeds in the power plant projects; View of investors on the sale.
- South Carolina Agency to Issue $325M for Santee Cooper Plant. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/28/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31459, p1
Reports the plan of the South Carolina Public Service Authority to sell revenue refunding bonds to finance the Santee Cooper power plant in South Carolina. Details on the mode of the bond; Influence of the market condition on the amount of the deal; Information on the financial adviser.
- California GOP Wouldn't Bond to Repay General Fund. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;05/07/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31133, p39
Discusses the plan proposed by California Assembly Republican leaders that would reduce the amount of bonds the state would eventually sell for power purchases. State's general fund for the roughly $5 billion spent for such purchase to date; Proposal for the creation of a Municipal Utilities...
- Utah City faces electric bond default due to defective Rolls-Royce turbine. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;02/18/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30581, p5
Reports that Hildale City, Utah, may default on the electric revenue bonds in early 2000 because the electric generating turbines bought with the bond proceeds do not work. Threat of insurers to terminate coverage of the facility; Joint ownership of the plant; Negotiation with Rolls Royce.