Kansas City, Kan., to Hold First School Bond Vote Since '70
- Arizona College District to Sell $54M for Capital Improvements. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/7/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32397, p43
The article reports on the plans of the Yuma/La Paz Counties Community College District to sale of 53.85 million dollars of general obligation debt from Arizona. The measure was approved by voters in the November 2004 referendum. The proceeds will be used to finance the 2010 capital improvement...
- MISSISSIPPI: Amite Schools Seek GOs. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/16/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32693, p9
The article reports on that Amite County has sought approval of general obligation bonds for school advancements in Mississippi. It is stated that the county's voters will be asked on September 25, 2007 to approve the sale of $13.8 million of general obligation bonds to finance school...
- Idaho's Top Court Says Judges Can't Order Taxes for School Funding. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31958, p5
Reports that the Idaho Supreme Court has overturned a state law that empowered judges to single-handedly raise taxes to fund school improvements. Lawsuit over school funding; School bond sales; Response of lawmakers to the 2003 law that the Supreme Court rejected.
- Bellevue District, Wash. to Sell $100M for Schools. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;10/31/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34005, p1
The article offers information on the selling of the bonds by the Bellevue School District. It informs that the bonds are been sold for 100 million dollars of unlimited tax general obligation bonds to provide finance for improvements to schools throughout the district. It mentions that the...
- Lincoln Axes School Bonds. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/13/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32567, p9
The article reports on the disapproval of the $7.5 million school improvement bond issue of Capitan Municipal School District by the voters in Lincoln County, New Mexico. About 702 voters defeated the measure, while 200 favored it. It would have increased the districts property tax to $8 million.
- In N.J., Longer School Bond Referendums Are Just the Beginning. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;09/18/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30977, p36
Focuses on implications of school bonding referendums for voters and schools in the central region district in New Jersey. Details on the referendum; Context of the Education Construction Facilities and Financing Act; Role of New Jersey Economic Development Authority in monitoring school...
- With Bonds on the Ballot, Washington Schools Learn Patience. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;01/26/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31065, p34
Focuses on the school construction bond referendum to be voted by the residents of Washington. School districts with debt measures included in the referendum; Supporters of the initiative; Optimism for the passage of the initiatives.
- Dallas School Officials Consider $1 Billion Bond Vote for 2002. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/29/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31253, p1
Reports on possible approval of multi-billion dollar debt for launching a school bond package with a referendum in Texas in 2002. Need of funds for refurbishment of school facilities; Number of repairs required in school campuses.
- Boone Schools Eye GO Vote. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/28/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33556, p7
The article reports that the Boone County Schools in West Virginia is seeking to pass a bond referendum in relation to the 45.2 million dollars general obligation bonds to be sold by the Board of Education.