Sales Tax Simplification Bills Introduced in Nebraska, Wyoming
- No one Issue 2. // Crain's Cleveland Business;04/20/98, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p10
Opinion. Indicates that Ohio voters should reject the Issue 2, the proposed 20 percent increase in the state sales tax. Insight on the disadvantages of the proposal; Conditions under the Issue 2 proposal; Premise of the proposal.
- MICHIGAN: Transport Debate Begins. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;2/6/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33857, p9
The article offers information on a legislative bill that has introduced to ask the voters of Michigan to increase the state sales tax for generating new money to fund the state's transportation infrastructure project.
- Your Voice ONLINE. // St. Charles Journal;8/7/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 63, pA7
The article presents comments from readers on two articles published in the periodical based on the Missouri sales tax holiday and a correction made to a water bill.
- Michigan Senate OKs Fuel-Sales Tax Transportation Bill. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;4/2/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33689, p7
The article reports on the Senate approval of the fuel-sales tax transportation bill to finance infrastructure projects in Michigan.
- Sales and Use Tax Simplification Bills Expected in September. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/15/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31700, p28
Reports on the possibility of introducing a sales tax simplification measure in the U.S. Congress in September 2003. Provisions of the measure; Significance of the legislation for the municipal market; Issues to be raised in the measure.
- Virginia Governor Signs $10 Billion Worth of Bond Bills. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/24/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31372, p3
Reports the signing of a bill on municipal bond issuance by Virginia Governor Mark R. Warner. Increase of local sales tax rates; Amount of bonds issued; List of the bond-related bills.
- Puerto Rico Senate Rejects Sales Tax Plan; Leaders Fail to Move on Bond Bill. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;5/4/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32622, p3
The article reports on the rejection of a bill to implement a 1.5 percent local sales tax by the Senate in Puerto Rico. The legislative leaders refused to move on a $500 million fiscal 2007 bond bill without passing the tax measure. The bill was rejected by lawmakers on a 17-to-9 vote. Under the...
- South Carolina: House Passes Bill that Exempts Amazon from Collecting Sales Taxes. // GPP eNews;5/20/2011, p1
No abstract available.
- TX: Governor Vetoes Remote Seller Bill; Special Session Convened. // GPP eNews;6/3/2011, p4
The article reports that the legislation H.B. 2403, which would require remote sellers to collect sales tax if they use a website in Texas to sell digital goods, was vetoed by Governor Rick Perry.