Giuliani's Last Budget: $39.3 Billion
- Painful city budget makes progress toward balance. Townsend, Alair A. // Crain's New York Business;5/1/95, Vol. 11 Issue 18, p9
Opinion. Comments on the measures taken by New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani to balance the city's budget. Projected increase of local taxes and miscellaneous revenues by 1996; Debt service increases; Anticipated budget relief and direct aid from Albany and Washington; Establishment of a...
- Mayor uses cutting words. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;5/1/95, Vol. 11 Issue 18, p38
Reports on New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani's budget proposal for fiscal 1996. Decreased spending; Tax cuts; Funds to be lost by social services, education and health; Giuliani's withdrawal from his plan to reduce taxes for condominiums and cooperative apartments.
- Rudy's final anti-culture, anti-children and anti-poor budget. Tatum, Wilberta A. // New York Amsterdam News;12/6/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 49, p1
Editorial. Comments on the city budget management of Rudy Guiliani of New York. Implications of massive budget cuts; Inadequacy of budget for the homeless; Role of the City Council.
- For Giuliani, it's lying time. // New York Amsterdam News;5/13/95, Vol. 86 Issue 19, p12
Editorial. Comments on New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani's justification of budget cuts that he promoted which will negatively impact the quality of life of the city's poor. Success of the Grand Central Partnership as allegedly due to illegal handling of the homeless and derelict poor who...
- New York City Council, Mayor Strike Deal on Budget, Tax Cut. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;06/08/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31156, p38
Reports the budget approval for the New York City Council in New York. Comments of Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani on the budget negotiations; Conditions in the budget negotiations; Reliance of the capital plans on debts.
- City council's budget plan. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/30/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30609, p1
Reports on the response of New York City Council to Mayor Rudolph Giuliani's budget proposal for 1999. Sale of bonds; Share of payments from the settlement with tobacco companies.
- N.Y. City Council prepares first budget without Mayor Giuliani's input. Krueger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;06/04/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30407, p7
Cites the New City Council's first attempt to move ahead with a plan to pass its own budget without Mayor Rudolph Giuliani's direct involvement. Expected face off between Giuliani and city council leaders; Plans presented by each camp for the city's budget for the fiscal year that begins on...
- Giuliani's Budget Will Include Huge Surplus. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;04/18/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30873, p2
Reports on the proposed 2001 budget of New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani.
- Rudy: More cuts needed. // Crain's New York Business;4/10/95, Vol. 11 Issue 15, p42
Reports that the administration of New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani told heads of city departments to prepare for even deeper cuts in the budget for fiscal 1995. Ordering of commissioners to submit proposals for savings.