Napping in the workplace is now OK
- Power napping. Gould, Meredith // Nation's Business;Feb95, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p65
Suggests advice on the need for a daytime snooze to boost one's creativity, productivity, and mood. Avoid disrupting the circadian rhythm; Create routine napping times; Lie down-it's the optimal position; Close the office door and turn off the phone; Take slow, deep breaths before hunkering...
- Kindergartners' secret to a productive day. Klose, Robert // Christian Science Monitor;5/15/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 121, p19
Presents the story of the author's visit to a kindergarten, her observations of nap time, and her wish to popularize the practice of siesta.
- Naps. // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;Dec1993, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p3
Discusses napping. Biological urge to nap; Test to determine how naps affect one's energy level and quality of nighttime rest; Tips to make the most out of naps. INSET: Notable nappers..
- Choose to snooze. // Body Bulletin;Sep93, p2
Discusses various aspects of the health benefits of napping. Study indicating lower incidence of heart disease; Increased alertness later on; Suggestions for power napping.
- The art (and politics) of napping. Dritchell, Theda // Cosmopolitan;Mar1996, Vol. 220 Issue 3, p172
Focuses on how to benefit from naps. Reduction in the risk for heart disease; Tips for napping. INSET: Can't nap? Try this..
- Take a power nap. Rudavsky, Shari // Self;
Focuses on the benefits of afternoon naps. Decline in the average amount of sleep Americans get; Disadvantages of sleeping for too long during midday.
- The art of the nap. Aristides // American Scholar;Summer95, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p327
Examines the short span of sleep called the nap. Common napping places; Frequency; Effect of insomnia on nap frequency; Popular literary figures suffering from insomnia; Music and napping; Incidence of dreams.
- Should you nap at work? Hellman, Paul // Management Review;Dec94, Vol. 83 Issue 12, p48
Relates the author's experience of napping at work. Discussion on the effect of napping on productivity; Problems on napping.
- Meet me at noon in dreamland. Golden, Eve // Across the Board;Sep97, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p62
Focuses on the findings of William A. Anthony on the effectivity of noontime napping in working. Advantages of noontime napping.