What a $252,000,000 Contract Means to You
- ALEX RODRIGUEZ. // People;12/25/2000-01/01/2001, Vol. 54 Issue 27, p75
Focuses on Major League Baseball player Alex Rodriguez, who signed a $252 million, ten-year contract with the Texas Rangers in December 2000.
- Enter the era of the $49,000 at bat. Sappenfield, Mark; Wilkinson, Todd; Axtman, Kris // Christian Science Monitor;12/13/2000, Vol. 93 Issue 14, p1
Discusses the contract between major league baseball player Alex Rodriguez and the Texas Rangers which agrees to pay Rodriguez 252 million dollars over ten years.
- Is A-Rod worth it? Some say 'yes' Atkin, Ross // Christian Science Monitor;4/6/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 92, p12
Discusses the salaries of Major League Baseball players, in light of the ten-year, $252 million contract of Texas Rangers shortstop Alex Rodriguez.
- Show Me The Most Money. Noonan, David // Newsweek;12/18/2000, Vol. 136 Issue 25, p57
Offers a profile of sport agent Scott Boras. His efforts to obtain a contract for Major League Baseball shortstop Alex Rodriguez; Criticism of Boras by baseball fans, executives and sportswriters; His thoughts on being a sports agent.
- Seattle Mariners. Street, Jim // Sporting News;02/02/98, Vol. 222 Issue 5, p42
Reports news about the Seattle Mariners baseball team. Comment of General Manager Woody Woodward on the rumors concerning Alex Rodriguez; Ruling of the United States Supreme Court on the case of the Mariners' ballpark; Update concerning contracts signing and salary arbitrations of the team.
- GOOD SPORT. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;9/15/2003, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p2
Features Major League baseball player Alex Rodriguez.
- ALEX RODRIGUEZ. Boscia, Ted // Scholastic Action;4/18/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p4
Features baseball player Alex Rodriguez of the Texas Rangers team.
- Striking it rich... Masin, Herman L. // Coach & Athletic Director;Feb97, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p11
Comments on how Alex Rodriguez still epitomizes the baseball greats of the past. Rodriguez as a player who gives the game something to cheer about; Rodriguez's affection for his high school coach.
- Rodriguez reaches mile stone. Blum, Ronald // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;8/5/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 184, p9
The article reports that New York Yankees baseball player Alex Rodriguez had become the youngest player to hit 600 home runs in the U.S.