Moving People to Jobs: Lessons From UPS's Transportation Plan
- Employee Wellness Programs: How UPS Improved Productivity & Reduced Injuries. Bloom, Sarah // Professional Safety;Aug2008, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p41
The article offers information on the development of the employee wellness programs by the United Parcel Service Inc. (UPS) in Petaluma, California. The program has focused on different topics in educating employees in all aspects of their health. It reveals that the program has established an...
- Community service helps UPS develop managers. Laabs, Jennifer J. // Personnel Journal;Oct93, Vol. 72 Issue 10, p90
Reports on the community internship program at United Parcel Service of America Incorporated and how it contributes to management development. Recipient of 1993 Personnel Journal Optimas Award in the Vision category; Costs to the company; Locations of internships; Sharing of experiences upon...
- One Cool Move. MCCANN, CYNTHIA Y. // World Trade: WT100;Aug2011, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p50
The article focuses on the transportation of live animals like Keiko the killer whale, whale sharks, beluga whales, a panda, and a herd of kettle by United Parcel Service (UPS).
- CRAIN'S LIST: LARGEST LOGISTICS COMPANIES. // Crain's Detroit Business;12/31/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 53, p112
The article lists leading logistics companies in Michigan, which include CenTra Inc., Universal Truckload Services Inc. and United Parcel Service of America Inc.
- UPS Order Bolsters All-Cargo A300-600F. Sparaco, Pierre // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/15/2001 Aerospace Source Book, Vol. 154 Issue 3, p442
Reports on the purchase of additional cargo planes by Louisville, Kentucky-based United Parcel Service. Improvement of the capacity of the courier service operator; Upgrade of the fleet; Agreement of the company with Airbus Industrie.
- The Future of Commerce. Kelly, Jim // Vital Speeches of the Day;01/15/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p216
Presents a speech given by Jim Kelly, chairman and Chief Executive Officer of United Parcel Service, delivered to the Executive's Club of Chicago, in Chicago, Illinois, dealing with the issue of the convergence of transportation, technology and financial services.
- UPS Tightens Security at Retail Outlets. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);12/13/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 49, p8
The article reports on United Parcel Service's addition of photo identification requirement for retail shipping customers at UPS Store and Mail Boxes Etc. sites in the U.S. and all authorized shipping outlets worldwide.
- Holiday Shipping Triples UPS Profit. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);2/8/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p7
The article reports on the nearly 200% increase in the fourth-quarter 2009 income of UPS due to a surge in international demand and a strong domestic holiday shipping season in the U.S.
- Shenzhen New Site For UPS Hub. // Outsourced Logistics;Sep2008, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p10
The article reports that UPS will move its intra-Asia air hub from the Philippines to Shenzhen, China in the Pearl River Delta. The company states that locating the hub outside Hong Kong will cut a day off shipment times in transit for Asian customers. The hub is expected to be operational by...