Formalized Flextime: The Perk That Brings Productivity
- SCHEDULING YOUR FORCES WITH A PC. Sprout, Alison L. // Fortune;5/30/1994, Vol. 129 Issue 11, p131
Describes how Janet O'Donnell, 45, director of telemarketing for the Right Start Catalog, uses PeopleScheduler software (Adaptive Software, Newport Beach, Calif.) to plan shifts using employees on flexible hours. How PeopleScheduler operates; Three main sections; Reaction of employees to...
- Bureaucratic and strategic human resource management: An empirical comparison in the federal... Mesch, Debra J.; Perry, James L. // Journal of Public Administration Research & Theory;Oct95, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p385
Attempts to identify significant differences between the bureaucratic model of human resource management (HRM) and the strategic human resource management (SHRM) model. Titles 38 and 5 of the United States Code which embodies ideas associated with strategic and bureaucratic HRM system...
- New Products. // Employee Benefit News;Apr2003, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p64
Presents products launched for employees in the U.S. as of April 2003. Focus of the designation, Compensation Management Specialist developed by the Certified Employee Benefit Specialist Program; Resources introduced by CIGNA Retirement and Investment Services; Action taken by Charles Schwab...
- Trust slips away. Lucia, Al // Executive Excellence;Mar1998, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p12
Offers advice for executives on how to rebuild employee trust. Importance of trying more candor and honesty; Need to address deficiencies in performance; Offering of individual development.
- Human resources. Parmenter, David // Chartered Accountants Journal;Aug98, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p62
Questions whether the functions of human resources (HR) individuals are needed, highlighting some of the consequences of depleting human resources. Functions of HR; Effective ways which HR practitioners have for recruiting employees; What the possible consequences of removing an internal HR...
- Australian HR professionals identify their key challenges. Frazee, Valerie // Workforce;Oct97 Supplement Global Workforce, Vol. 76, p9
Focuses on issues in human resource management cited by large Australian organizations as their key challenges in 1997. Organizational restructuring/cultural change as the business priority for 1997; Learning and development; Performance management; Succession planning.
- News tidbits. Laabs, Jennifer J. // Workforce;Jan1998, Vol. 77, p13
Highlights developments of interest to human resource professionals in the United States. Includes federal prosecutors' lawsuit against a former Forbes employee for allegedly secretly hacking into the publishing company's computers; Downsizing plans of Waste Management Inc. in Illinois;...
- Getting ahead by going abroad. Laabs, Jennifer J. // Workforce (10928332);Jan98 Supplement Global Workforce, Vol. 77, p10
Urges personnel management employees to specialize in international human resources (HR). Advantages of international HR; Contributions of international HR on Hines Co. HR manager Edward Barrall; Significance of knowledge on international cultures in managing a diverse workforce; Important...
- HR's longest day. // Workforce (10928332);Sep98, Vol. 77 Issue 9, p23
Presents information on the report `A Day in the Life of Human Resource (HR).' Dumbest questions employees have asked; HR's worst morning crises; Dumbest questions asked by chief executive officers (CEO). INSET: Diversions.