- Basic instinct. Cockroft, Lucia // Personnel Today;2/21/2006, p20
The article analyzes the role of intuition in business. Almost 70% of public sector managers confess to relying on intuition to identify star performers, according to the latest research into talent management by the Society of Personnel Officers in Government Services. According to John Maxted,...
- Quality Hires. Salzwedel, David // Executive Excellence;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p13
Advises executives on hiring the best job applicants. Use of an automated assessment tools; Asking of candidates to write a one-page report on some aspect of a certain business or industry that will force them to do some research.
- Look Right Look Left Recruit! Doyle, David // Chartered Accountants Journal;Jul2000, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p17
Presents advice on employee selection and management. Standardization of the hiring process; Documentation needed from applicants; Use of structured and competency-based interviewing; Guide to effective interview questioning; Reference checking; Performance management; Response to results of...
- Applicant Tracking Reports Make Data Meaningful. Dickmeyer, William // Workforce;Feb2001, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p64
Explains how human resource professionals can benefit from the data collected by applicant tracking systems. Meaningful data which applicant tracking systems can produce; Aspects of human resource management which can be helped by the tracking systems; Description on how applicant tracking...
- 'Resurrection is Tougher Than Birth' // Training & Development Journal;May83, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p11
Focuses on the management, selection and assessment of employees within an organization as part of its human resource development. Criticality of the issue of executive selection; Criteria on which promotions within companies are usually based; Trend in human resource development.
- The quest for good employees. Daks // Business News New Jersey;10/25/99, Vol. 12 Issue 39, p14
Part I. Discusses how to identify, attract and retain the best employees. Offer of skills to entice employees through training programs; Use of a headhunter to identify and hire qualified employees; Making the company a fun place to work.
- Hiring patterns in the region. // Fairfield County Business Journal;03/08/99, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p9
Presents a graph depicting the hiring patterns in Connecticut from 1985 to 1999.
- 'Job Matching' is the process of matching the right person to the right job. GREENBERG, HERBERT M.; SIDLER, GREGORY // Forum (10566937);Oct98, Issue 197, p10
Focuses on `job matching,' the process of matching the right person to the right job. Individual's inherent motivational strengths as the basis of the job matching process; Overview on fundamental questions that need to be considered in order to understand what personality attributes would be...
- When good managers manage too much. // Inc.;Apr99, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p31
Comments on mistakes made by managers in hiring an employee. Examples; Indicators that you hired the wrong employee; Management advice.