How to Make HR a Profit Center
- HR cut off from `real' work by specialism. // People Management;5/25/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p14
Examines how the human resources function has become a victim of its own success. Factors which hinder human resources practitioners from playing an influential role in their organizations; How the human resources can be valuable to a business.
- Gray America presents challenge, opportunity. Roberts, Sally // Business Insurance;5/7/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 19, p26
The author comments on the challenge and opportunities presented by the older generation to employers in the U.S. The Employment Policy Foundation, for one, estimates that the country will be 10 million workers short by 2015 and 35 million workers short by 2030. The author says that while it is...
- INVESTMENT IN HUMAN CAPITAL - THE COMPARISON OF CZECH REPUBLIC AND GERMANY. Slukov�, Kamila; Navr�tilov�, Miroslava // Human Resources Management & Ergonomics;2012, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p64
Human capital (human potential) is the most valuable commodity that each of us owns. It is necessary to treat this capital very carefully, because the human resources management involves not only some specifics, but especially risks. The author wants in this article to point out to major issues...
- HR in India. Fox, Adrienne // HR Magazine;Sep2006, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p12
This article examines human resources (HR) management in India. Some of the most systemic problems of India are HR-related. The swift rise of India is giving its economic nickname, the elephant, a new spin. While the country is still the largest democracy in the world, it is no longer as slow or...
- Executive briefing. Thompson, Robert W. // HR Magazine;Jan1999, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p10
Presents news briefs related to human resources in the United States. Demand for senior executives in 1998; Corporate share of women at Fortune 500 companies; Information about a survey of universities concerning the preparedness of graduate students for a broad array of careers.
- People issues plague start-ups. // San Diego Business Journal;3/18/96 Small Business Extra, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p4A
Presents human resource issues facing San Diego, California downsized workforce. Improper utilization of talent as key element; Tips offered for problems addressed by Judith Enns, managing director at HR Solutions; Problems experienced by companies expanding their operations.
- Make HR a boardroom issue. // Accountancy;Dec2003, Vol. 132 Issue 1324, p109
The article deals with the report released by the British government on the measures companies should take to maximize workforce, as of December 2003. Mercer Human Resource Consulting has welcomed the publication of a government report entitled 'Accounting for People' on how companies can...
- Diversity in the Workplace: The Human Resources Management Challenges. Ferris, Gerald R.; Frink, Dwight D.; Galang, M. Carmen // Human Resource Planning;1993, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p41
With the projected changing composition of the U.S. workforce, the notion of diversity in the workplace has become both a quite popular topic and a serious objective for organizations. However, if the objective of a diverse workforce is to become a reality, we must reconcile a fundamental...
- Strategic Downsizing: Human Resource Planning Approaches. Mathys, Nicholas J.; Burack, Elmer H. // Human Resource Planning;1993, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p71
This paper presents strategic approaches that can be applied by human resource planners to downsizing situations. Through downsizing, the traditional multi-layered and centralized structure is being replaced by a flatter, more flexible organization that facilitates faster response to customer...