Additional generating capacity for Fiji
- Global CHP underway. // Modern Power Systems;Apr2000, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p53
Reports on Wartsila NSD Corp.'s electric power-plant projects in three countries. Construction of a gas-fired power plant in the Siberian region of Kargassok; Wartsila NSD cogeneration plant in Brazil; Company's receipt of an order for a 17.2-megawatt Pure Energy plant for the Midfield Terminal...
- Gothenburg utility acquires pure energy plant. Stenhede, Thomas // European Power News;May98, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p15
Reports on the Wartsila NSD Sweden AB's Pure Energy plant installed at the Pripps Brewery in Sweden under a development agreement with public utility company, Gothenburg Energy. Plant performance; Commitments of Wartsila NSD and Gothenburg Energy under the agreement; Expected benefits.
- WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤'s grate expectations. // Modern Power Systems;Oct2006, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p32
The article features the biomass-fueled combined heat and power installations in Sweden. WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ NSD Sweden AB's Biopower BP5 plant produces the BioGrate, a rotating grate that can burn biomass with moisture content up to 65%. It is also supplying the BioPower 5 CEX plant that could burn...
- Yemen. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;7/4/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 27, p21
Reports on Wartsila NSD Corp.'s start of construction of a new diesel-fired power plant in Mukalla, Yemen.
- Multi-fuel diesel engines well suited to FPSOs on the move. // Offshore;Apr99, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p150
Provides information on the promotion efforts of Wartsila NSD company in Vaasa, Finland for its gas-diesel (GD) engines for offshore production units. Features of the multi-fuel engines of Wartsila; Reason for the standard development of the power modules.
- Ambitious pilot program gets under way in Finland. // Power;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 142 Issue 4, p4
Reports on the Wartsila NSD plant in Vaasa, Finland, which is described as the world's most desirous development program for large engine/generators producing electricity. Features of the facility; Description of the plant's hot combustion engine; Elements of hot combustion technology;...
- Power plant order for Tanzania. // European Power News;Aug97, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p7
Reports on Wartsila NSD Corp.'s receipt of a $114 million order to build a 100-megawatt power plant in the area of Dar es Salaam, the capital of Tanzania. Tegata Power Station's reliance on ten Wartsila 38 engines; Scheduled start of operations for the factory.
- Small Power Plant Sales Soar, Manufacturer Says. // American Gas;Oct2001, Vol. 83 Issue 8, p8
Reports the increase in sales of gas power plants of Wartsila company in the United States. Description of the power plants; Increase in demand of Peaking Plus plants; Impact of the deregulated electricity market on the demand of plants.
- Finnish companies claim 'new CHP plant concept' // European Power News;Jun2000, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p2
Reports on the cooperation between Wartsila NSD Corp. and Fortum Engineering on the development of a power plant concept which will form the core of a new total cogeneration application. Solutions based on natural gas for the Central European market.