Openwave Launches Into New Ocean
- Openwave premiers new browser. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;2/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p16
Reports that Openwave Systems Inc. has introduced a new browser for packet-based GPRS and third-generation wireless networks.
- Openwave updates technology to take on operating systems. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;2/17/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p5
Introduces the Phone Tools Version 7.0 (V7) technology from Openwave Systems Inc. Mobile phone technology behind V7; Features of the V7; Cost of the V7.
- OPENWAVE/VERIZON TEAM FOR OVER-THE-AIR PROVISIONING. // RBOC Update;Mar2001, p2
Reports on the over-the-air provisioning collaboration between Verizon Wireless, the largest wireless service provider in the United States, and Openwave Systems Inc., the worldwide leader of open Internet-based communication infrastructure software and applications. Over-the-air provisioning...
- Briefs. // Global Wireless;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p3
Presents news briefs on the global wireless telecommunications industry as of January 2001. Components of the reorganization plans of Motorola; Involvement of Openwave Systems and Geoworks with a cross-licensing settlement concerning Wireless Application Protocol technology; Formation of the...
- NEWS. // Wireless Week;11/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 46, p50
Presents news in wireless communication business. Aether Systems Inc.'s stock price on November 6, 2001; Availability of the instant messaging solution from Openwave Systems Inc.
- Openwave Systems. Uhland, Vicky // Interactive Week;3/5/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p53
Features Openwave Systems, a company based in Redwood, California, that plans to offer wireless Internet services to subscribers in China's mobile telephone market. Business partners; Services to be offered; Background of the market.
- BITS. // Wireless Week;3/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p22
Presents an update on the U.S. wireless industry as of March 1, 2003. Appointment of Paul Hasenfus at disposable phone developer Hop-On; Purpose of the agreement between CellStar and a China subsidiary of NEC Corp.; Plan of Openwave Systems and Sharp to implement the SharpMotionART animation...
- In Brief. // Wireless Review;02/01/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p14
Presents news briefs related to the wireless communications industry as of February 2001. Settlement of the patent dispute between Openwave and Geoworks; Use of SiGEM antennas to map the Lauberhorn 2001, a World Cup downhill ski race in Switzerland.
- Openwave upgrades WAP browser for color. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;9/30/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p13
Reports on the range of software products for wireless carriers and handset makers released by wireless Internet company Openwave Systems Inc. Products released by the company for wireless phone makers; Variety of products released by for the carrier side; Features of the Download Manager and...