Just Another Walled Garden?
- AirMedia's hub provides wireless content. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;2/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p19
Reports on the introduction of AirMedia's 'Wireless Hub' in the United States that will provide content to wireless Internet devices.
- AirMedia unveils Wireless Hub. // RCR Wireless News;3/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p34
Reports on the plans of AirMedia to create a wireless hub to simplify the dissemination of content for the wireless Internet in the United States.
- AirMedia working with L.A. Cellular. // RCR;05/19/97, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p20
Reports that in Los Angeles, California, Cellular Telephone Company and AirMedia are jointly developing and marketing wireless messaging software and services. Modification of AirMedia's Notify! 3.0 for Windows and Notify! Classic for Macintosh products; What the product allows users to do.
- Houston, AirMedia market messaging. // RCR;07/21/97, Vol. 16 Issue 29, p40
Reports on the joint work of Houston Cellular and AirMedia's Notify! Group to develop and market wireless messaging software and services. Information on the operations at AirMedia; Advantages of the software.
- Cutting the Cord to the Net. Sprout, Alison L. // Fortune;11/25/1996, Vol. 134 Issue 10, p186
Presents information on the wireless Web services. Information that AirMedia Inc. provides wireless Web access to small businesses that can't afford the high-speed links big companies buy from telecommunication companies; Comments on Unwired Planet Inc. that will help companies to equip their...
- No more working without a Net. Vargas, Alexia // Crain's New York Business;08/21/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p1
Reports on the aggressive build-out of infrastructure that will enable wireless high-speed Internet access around metropolitan New York. Wireless installations of Concourse Communications Group at Newark, La Guardia and JFK airports; Metricom Inc.'s contract to set-up utility poles in the...
- Wireless key to pervasive messaging. Bruno, Antony // RCR;06/26/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p3
Focuses on issues related to pervasive messaging in the wireless telecommunication industry. Importance of instant messagimg to pervasive messaging; Challenge for the Internet industry to make the various existing instant-messaging systems interoperable; Conflict between America Online and...
- Nokia applies lessons learned to wireless Internet world. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;07/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p32
Focuses on Nokia Corp.'s foray into the wireless Internet access market.
- Wireless Providers Race to Bring 3G to Customers. Kivikas, Daniel // San Diego Business Journal;10/29/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p14
Focuses on the third generation representation of the wireless technologies in the United States. Development of mobile Internet applications; Enhancement of bandwidth and packet oriented network; Utilization of smarter embedded technologies.