GIVING IT ITS DUE: PEST CONTROL
- The battle against pests. Bolton, Lance // Restaurant Hospitality;Apr97, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p116
Discusses how foodservice facilities can prevent and eradicate pests. Living habits of flies, roaches and mice and rats; Pest control programs; Vacuuming; Wall void treatments; Baiting; Insect growth regulators.
- STAYING ONE STEP AHEAD: PEST CONTROL. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p150
Explores the things foodservice operators must look for or do when trying to choose a pest control operator.
- FOR LASTING PREVENTION: PEST CONTROL PRIMER. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;4/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p100
Discusses several guidelines for a food service establishment in selecting a pest control firm. Common questions asked by a pest control provider when checking an infested place; Situations considered when evaluating a pest control firm; Examples of guarantees given by several pest control firms.
- Bayer Delivers Baiting Tips. // Pest Control;Aug2006, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p16
The article provides baiting tips for pest control specifically in restaurants and food-handling establishments. Bait stations can be used and placed under shelves, corners, under and behind wash stations, under pot-and-pan racks or undersides of shelves and on shelves in mop rooms, food storage...
- Food court operators must stay pest-free for their own sake and fellow operators' Lambiase, Gaetan // Nation's Restaurant News;10/16/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 42, p44
Focuses on pest-prevention strategies in food courts. Need for cooperation and coordination among every food court tenant; Advice for developing pest elimination programs; Factors to consider when selecting food court pest prevention providers.
- Pest Prevention. Barcay, S. John // PMQ Pizza Magazine;Sep2011, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p44
The article offers information on how restaurant owners can prevent pest problems. The common pests found in the food service industry include cockroaches, mice and rats. Several steps are suggested to help prevent pests from becoming a problem in one's facility, including maintaining the...
- F.Y.I. // Pest Control;Mar2005, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p97
Provides information on products and services available and relevant to pest control business in the United States. American Institute of Baking's sanitation audits for food processing facilities; Bird-B-Gone's bird deterrents; Cockroach management products from ACM-Texas LLC, Arbico and Bayer...
- The impact of termite management services. Fredericks, Jim // Pest Management Professional;Mar2012, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p107
The article reports on the economic impact of termite management services in the U.S. It stresses that the indirect cost of termite infestation can be substantial, requiring the foodservice establishments to close their doors if swarming termites are present in the dining room or food-handling...
- Food Plant Standards Enhance Industry's Image. Baumann, Greg // Pest Control;Aug2006, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p18
The article reports on the implementation of food plant standards approved by the National Pest Management Association in the United States in February 2006 and set for implementation in January 2007. These standards will ensure the success of pest management programs in food plants and were...