- Food in review. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p148
Presents information on issues related to various foods available in the United States. Introduction of the `Welcome to Our House' recipe book by Jones Dairy Farm; Availability of low-fat breakfast sandwiches from Worthington Foods; Details on `Kids 'N Joy' snacks; Release of the American Egg...
- Reports of interest. // National Food Review;Apr-Jun90, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p42
Presents reports from the Economics Research Service to the food industry in the United States. Benefits of understanding prices in supermarkets; Information on the food assistance programs; How much flour is consumed per year in the United States; Information on biotechnology.
- FDA label plans under attack. Colford, S.W.; Liesse, J. // Advertising Age;2/24/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p1
Reports that the food industry this week is coming down hard against key elements of proposed labeling regulations that may threaten well-known brands like Healthy Choice and Lean Cuisine. Proposed regulations by the Food & Drug Administration and the US Department of Agriculture; Set standard...
- KGF experiments. Liesse, J.; Dagnoli, J. // Advertising Age;2/24/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p1
Reports that Kraft General Foods last week said it is experimenting with `alternative pricing' in some product categories, as the `everyday low pricing' controversy continues to split marketers and retailers. Procter & Gamble's commitment; Alternative to expensive trade promotion; Supermarket...
- Food, glorious food. Fortune, M. // Black Enterprise;May89, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p74
Discusses that blacks employed in top level marketing positions in the food industry are making a valuable contribution to their company's bottom line. Lucrative market for black entrepreneurs; Products strategies.
- How sweet the subsidy. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;5/06/96, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p15
Presents information on the Nabisco cookie plant and other companies located at 76th Street and Troy Avenue on Chicago's Southwest side. Significance of site to companies' economic state; What was installed by John Christopher, the Federal Bureau of Investigations of the federal government's...
- Adventures in a food factory. // Current Health 1;Dec89, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p13
Discusses a class field trip to a food factory. How machines make shapes; Vitamins and minerals.
- Food. // Discount Store News;10/6/97, Vol. 36 Issue 19, p47
Presents various news on several food retailers and vendors. Retirement of Johnny Gill; Merger of Whole Foods with Amrion; Size of toy prizes in Nestle Magic.
- Food processors. Truong, Tommy T. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;06/01/98 Supplement 98 Book of List, Issue 322310, p85
Lists the top food processors in the Central San Joaquin Valley in California as ranked by the number of local employees in 1997. Includes Zacky Farms; Glacier Foods; Earthgrains Baking Co.
- Food industry surveys track consumer confidence. // FDA Consumer;Sep91, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p6
Reports that two years after back-to-back food crises, consumer confidence in the safety of the nation's food supply has finally been restored. Specifics on two recent surveys done by the Food Marketing Institute (FMI) and Center for Produce Quality (CPQ).