MAKING IT WORK: Cooking and chilling in the 21st Century
- Cooking for the Commandant. Firstbrook, Clinton // Marines;Apr-Jun2006, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p12
An interview with Staff Sergeant Frank Rodriguez of the U.S. Marine Corps is presented. When asked about the challenge as a food service specialist in the U.S. Marine Corps, he refers to his daily tasked to make coffee and breakfast. He considers his perfect record on careful serving as he have...
- AND CONSOLIDATE CONTRACTS: MARINES TO OUTSOURCE. // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p5
Reports that the United States Marine Corps is consolidating several food service contracts that cover garrison feeding at its bases and stations and replace traditional cook-serve production with centralized cook-chill systems. Number of its bases and stations; Purpose of the consolidation.
- Feeding the troops. Liddle, Allan J. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/18/2010, Vol. 44 Issue 21, p58
Information on the Fourth Annual Hennessy Travelers Association (HTA) Educational Foundation Armed Forces Forum for Culinary Excellence held at the Culinary Institute of America in St. Helena, California on September 18-26, 2010 is presented. Topics include food service, culinary mentoring and...
- DIFFERENT FROM OTHER N/C SEGMENTS: MARINE CORPS MESSHALLS DEMAND SPECIAL TREATMENT FROM CONTRACTOR. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p8
Discusses several factors differentiating foodservice management in the United States Marine Corps and military from other market segments. Food service distribution; Preparation of food under the guidelines stipulated in the Armed Forces Recipe Card Service; Lack of revenue-generating...
- Sodexo Lands Marines Deal. // Food Management;Sep2011, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p12
The article reports that the U.S. Marine Corps had selected Sodexo SA as the provider of food services at 20 Marine Corps mess halls on the West Coast for seven years.
- Marines' recruitment of Sodexho marches along. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;11/24/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 47, p4
Reports on the partnership between the food service firm Sodexho and U.S. Marine Corps. Total amount of the contract; Benefits of the relationship for the group; Terms of the contract.
- PROTEST UPHELD: MARINE CORPS F/S CONTRACTS DELAYED. // FoodService Director;8/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p5
Reports that protest movements delayed the contract of Sodexho with the United States (U.S.) Marine Corps. Value of the contract; Neglect of the U.S. General Accounting Office (GAO) on the protest movement staged by J.W. Holdings Group; Plans of GAO to analyze issues raised in the protests.
- Upon further review, Marines uphold Sodexho food contract. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/22/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 29, p20
Reports that the Sodexho Inc., the U.S.-based arm of the French contract firm Sodexho Alliance will keep previously contested contracts to provide foodservice for mess halls at all Marine Corps bases in the U.S. Problems related to claims made by other bidders on the failure of the Marine Corps...
- Combat correspondent spotlight. // Marines;Jul95, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p25
Features Sonja Cook, combat correspondent in the Marine Corps. Education background; Hobbies.