Traditional faves top charts
- An American favorite. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p66
Looks at the popularity of beef in the food service operations of various schools in the U.S. as of February 15, 2003. Variety of beef items being offered at schools; Popularity of precooked beef items; Exotic beef selection being offered at the Cambridge School in Weston, Massachusetts.
- Indispensable menu item. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;2/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p52
Discusses the indispensability of beef in the U.S. school foodservice sector despite mad cow concerns. Favorite food products of children with beef; Appeal of tacos to schoolchildren; Persistence of beef-filled casseroles on menus.
- Street Cred: Translating Asian Street Food. Fitzpatrick, Tara // Food Management;Apr2011, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p38
The article reports on the popularity of Asian street food as university and school dining options. Chef Mai Pham, who signed a deal with Sodexho to bring her concept Star Ginger Asian Grill & Noodle Bar to college campuses, says that street food works well with a casual campus dining...
- Miguel Villarreal. // FoodService Director;5/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p16
An interview with Miguel Villareal, director of food and nutritional services for Novato Unified School District in California, is presented. He decided to take all beef products off the menu of the school district in response to numerous beef recalls. In line with the removal of beef from the...
- SC Dept. of Education debuts eat-right/be right. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p25
Reports on the August 1997 launching of a program `Eat Right-Be Right' by the Office of School Food Service, South Carolina Department of Education in Columbia, to educate students. Reasons for the introduction of the program; Information on the logo which will be used in the campaign.
- MacDonald's take over high school cafeteria. // Curriculum Review;Apr92, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p21
States that the local MacDonald's franchise owner take the cafeteria in Fairview High School in Boulder, Colorado after it was close by the school. Menu serve by the cafeteria; Why the cafeteria was closed; Students that are employed in the cafeteria.
- ...rewriting the book on school foodservice. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;07/21/97, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p69
Reports on the challenges facing American school food service directors as they deal with the new generation of youths. Difference in the expectations of children; Consciousness of kids on what the market has to offer; Installation of fun and sophistication in the luncheon dining experience.
- Stay in line, and no honking. Coeyman, Marjore // Restaurant Business;11/20/95, Vol. 94 Issue 17, p20
Reports on the popularity of a hamburger drive-through operating in a public high school in Bryan, Texas. Drive-throughs as an opportunity to capture the high school student market; Success of the breakfast service; Attractiveness of the idea to campuses with open-school policy.
- Cafeteria facelift rejuvenates sales at Cocoa Beach Jr./Sr. high school. // Food Management;Dec97, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p22
No abstract available.