The comeback continues
- Choosing lean over not-so-lean beef and pork cuts. Walsh, Julie // Environmental Nutrition;Feb97, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p5
Provides information on the leanest cuts of beef and pork to highlight the importance of choosing cuts carefully. Identification of leaner cuts by their names; Choosing of a select grade of meat; Choice of a way to prepare that does not add fat; Way to tenderize lean cuts; Limiting of portion sizes.
- Built-in intelligence. // National Provisioner;Dec97, Vol. 211 Issue 12, p51
Reports on the installation of a `Marel Intelligent Portioning Machine,' a system which combines conveying, weighing and 3-D computer vision to portion boneless beef and pork at the J and B Wholesale's plant in Saint Michael, Minnesota. Benefits of the using the system; Comments from the...
- Tracking the markets. // National Provisioner;Feb96, Vol. 210 Issue 2, p52
Presents charts on the prices of pork, choice fabricated beef cuts, hides, skins, tallows and greases.
- Russia Called Out to Play by the WTO Rules. Shearer, P. Scott // National Hog Farmer Expert Blog;2/19/2013, p7
The article reports on the appeal to Russia, which bans U.S. pork and beef that contain ractopamine, to play by the rules of the World Trade Organization (WTO) and base its import standards on sound science.
- WHAT'S HOT IN BROOKLYN, N.Y. // Nation's Restaurant News;4/4/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 14, p28
This article focuses on information related to restaurants in Brooklyn, New York. Some of the restaurants are: Diner 85 Broadway, Williamsburg. Cuisine: American eclectic. Seats: 70. Specialties: hand-ground hamburger: mussels with french fries; pork loin with caramelized cipollini; lamb ragout...
- DIARY DATES. // Meat Trades Journal;4/25/2014, p24
A calendar of global events form April 21, 2014 to July 10, 2014 is presented which includes the Livestock 2014 Event, World Pork Expo, and Great Britain Beef Week.
- Christmas surge helps pork sales. // Farmers Weekly;2/5/2010, Vol. 152 Issue 5, p119
The article reports on the increase of pork sales by 3.1% in 2009, boosted by 2.3% rise in bacon sales and 7.6% gain in pork sausage purchases during Christmas according to data from Kantar Worldpanel, while household purchases of beef went down by 3% year-on-year and lamb sales slid by 9%.
- Untitled. Cooper, Olivia // Farmers Weekly;2/17/2012, Vol. 157 Issue 7, p49
The article reports that Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board (AHDB) Meat Services has announced the possible decline in the production of beef with increase in the production of sheep and pigmeat in 2012 in Great Britain.
- MariTop Stroganoff Style. // Meat Trades Journal;9/26/2014 Supplement, p13
A recipe for MariTop Stroganoff style is presented.